Model Cars Magazine Forum

Junior Fueler--More Of These (Darn) Injectors?! 02/01/19

7 hours ago, Flat32 said:

Scratch building 1:25 scale is way above my pay grade.  I'll assume you put your resistance soldering setup to use on those headers.

I did, indeed! The 50W hookup worked marvelously.

8 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Excellent. This is really exciting to view, so many possibilities for us modelers.

Thank you, Mike. Happy you're enjoying it!

And, those are done! They aren't perfect, but, they are better than any Enderle stacks I have ever seen. Looking at the photos, it looks like I could have sanded he tops down a tad more. Already got the cowl smoothed and ready for the windscreen, so, that's next...

DSC_0008cr.jpg

DSC_0012cr.jpg

Edited by Straightliner59

A knockout. Great to see you "doin' what you do so well". Now I have a standard to build my next Junior to, except mine will have to be relatively metal-free, LOL!

BTW, since this thread took up from a previous start, I meant to ask you about the chassis. The roll cage area, now that it has its padding, looks a lot like it might have had a kit basis. Is the whole chassis made from styrene stock?

Edited by Bernard Kron

Oh yeah!  Look at this beauty….Dan, this ride looks real.

Sensational.  Looking at this model,  I like the lack of bling.  Depending on the light source, the beautifully done body shines, maybe a little on the valve covers, or tank caps.  The eyes are not drowned in shiny stuff...this looks like a serious private effort of a drag racing fan, for sure.  No big dollar team here. Just a car that you might see anytime, back in the day.

Absolute excellent quality and lots of thought and expertise is easily shown here.

The first time I've ever seen a manifold that's bolted to the heads.  Yes! We have a winner.

Question:  Just for comparison purposes, what is the scale wheelbase of this car?  150"?

Mike..

16 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

A knockout. Great to see you "doin' what you do so well". Now I have a standard to build my next Junior to, except mine will have to be relatively metal-free, LOL!

BTW, since this thread took up from a previous start, I meant to ask you about the chassis. The roll cage area, now that it has its padding, looks a lot like it might have had a kit basis. Is the whole chassis made from styrene stock?

Thank you, Bernard! The chassis is actually the Ramchargers' chassis. This was begun with the idea of it being a quick, simple junior fueler. We all see how that worked out! At some point, Riceman told me that chassis was a hunk of garbage, and, how to fix it. I think at that point, I just put it aside, because I wasn't inclined to do that much work, to fix it, on a project that was intended to be a "quickie". By the time I'd decided to work on it, again, I had forgotten Roger's advice, and never did make the corrections. I only recall this, now, because I ran across the copy of his email, I'd printed out! I'd better not begin any more quick projects. I'm not sure I have another 19 years to finish it! But, I hope that I do!

16 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Wow. What a beauty.  Glad to see this one done. It really deserves been finished on the shelf and not have done in the box.

Thanks, Bob! I am very happy with it, having accomplished my two most important goals: 1) To have a completed dragster with an aluminum body, and 2) Those Enderle stacks. There have been only fairly lame attempts at them, either from kit manufacturers, or the aftermarket. Speed City's are the best, but they still aren't what I wanted. It's going to go right up on the top shelf of my display case! Thank you, again, for your kind words.

13 hours ago, Mike Williams said:

Oh yeah!  Look at this beauty….Dan, this ride looks real.

Sensational.  Looking at this model,  I like the lack of bling.  Depending on the light source, the beautifully done body shines, maybe a little on the valve covers, or tank caps.  The eyes are not drowned in shiny stuff...this looks like a serious private effort of a drag racing fan, for sure.  No big dollar team here. Just a car that you might see anytime, back in the day.

Absolute excellent quality and lots of thought and expertise is easily shown here.

The first time I've ever seen a manifold that's bolted to the heads.  Yes! We have a winner.

Question:  Just for comparison purposes, what is the scale wheelbase of this car?  150"?

Mike..

Thank you, Mike! Your words are very much appreciated. This is exactly the kind of racer that interests me. And, you described precisely the kind of car/team I had in mind, when I set out to build it. Cars that are very clearly purpose built, built and campaigned by a group of "bucks-down" buddies, who just want to burn a little nitro, and see how quick and how fast they can go.

I never thought about that--manifold bolts are an oft-overlooked item, aren't they?

WB is 150", exactly.

Thank you again, for your kind words,

1 hour ago, zakdoggi said:

Hey Daniel,

That is one fine looking rail buddy. Looks magnificent!!

Your skills and great eye for realistic detail leave me speechless!! 

Thanks, much, Geoff! Much appreciated! I have to use cheaters, for my eye, now! Enjoying your Chevy II project, and the Falcon tribute. Very cool stuff!

6 hours ago, Codi said:

Great job there Daniel.  I'd love to see the pics with better lighting as I don't think the pics do the car the justice it deserves.  It IS nice! cheers, tim

Thanks, Tim! Working out exposure time. When I took them, they looked brighter. Got them on the computer, and they looked darker, with a yellowish cast. I'll get it figured out, and take some more. I'm glad you like it!