Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950's White 3000

Calling this one done.  Cab from Jimmy Flintstone, Chassis, engine, wheels, tires, interior from Lindberg Dodge.  Headlights from AITM, fuel tanks from AITM's Rubber Duck kit and cut down, steps from Auslowe.  Move the exhaust to veritical.  Colors are Tamiya red chassis, Testors dark pearl green acrylic with Testors light green accent and interior.  Loosely based on a 1956 White 3000 I saw at a show many years ago.  Altered the suspension to remove some of the forward rake but the prototype has a noticable front rake so I left some in.

168619074.jpg

168619079.jpg

168619081.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on one of my favorite trucks! Was an old one deserted on a gravel lot by the old rail yard in town when I was a kid and we spent many hours "driving" it all over the country! (until bumble bees took it over) LOL

Now that I see how one turns out I will have to get one!

Thanks for posting!

Thanks again, yes, I think the Dodge Lindberg kit is probably the best.  It does have square fuel tanks, so if you like the round tanks, you'll have to adapt.  You'll want to raise the front suspension, the Dodge has way too much rake.  The interior isn't bad, just shave the sides a bit and it'll fit right in.