Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Pontiac Grand Prix

Sport Suburban

Here is  another one I finished up this year. Another restoration as well. This is a 72 Pontiac Grand Prix. I really like the 69 and 70 version better but had to finish up the set buy doing the 71 and 72 cars. I had collected a few builders to make a few good ones. This one landed in my lap as an unbuilt kit so it was an easy build. I had the chrome redone but everything else was good on this one. I really like the color combo on this one. This was one of the preprinted versions. I did strip it and redo it.

72 Grand Prix a.JPG

72 Grand Prix c.JPG

72 Grand Prix d.JPG

72 Grand Prix b.JPG

72 Grand Prix f.JPG

72 Grand Prix h.JPG

Thanks everyone. This one was an easy build only because I started with a nice unbuilt kit. Sometimes it is easier to buy a complete unbuilt kit at just over $100 than the rebuilders. I bought the three rebuilders between 50-75 each and was still trying to find some parts for these. But once they are past the 1/2 way point and I’m enjoying what I’m building I forget all about the money. And that is what this is all about!

• 2 weeks later...