Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Build Off 2019

Okay guys, here is what I propose:

1. We seem to have started several contests but for different reasons none have ever finished. Let me say though that this is only a hobby and family and responsibilities come first. I also want to thank Goodwrench3 for starting last years contest and say I hope that his daughter is doing better. But I thought we might just go back  to the original name and "finish what we started" so to speak.

2. I thought that a 6 month build may keep us "honed in" so to speak, with more continuous participation.

3. I will moderate the contest and so I won't have an entry to keep there from being any questions of interest. If someone else would like to moderate the contest I will gladly step aside.

4. Here are the rules that I propose:

1. This is a hobby so have fun!

2. Contest would run from Feb. 1 and end Aug. 1. Judging to last for 1 week (7 days) by forum members beginning August 2 2019.

3. 1/24 and 1/25 only so that we are comparing apples to apples. Bobtail Trucks, Trucks and Trailer combos, Straight Trucks, are all fine.

4. No restrictions on aftermarket parts or kits.

5. MUST start with a new kit, new kit parts or a COMPLETELY stripped rebuild. Nothing started. This is important so that everyone is starting at the same place.

6. Once you are on the contest list, post a picture with what you are starting with in the "Workbench" section with the title "B.R.B.O." including what you're building in the title

on or before Feb 1 2019.

7. Monthly updates are a must to let everyone know that you are still in the contest, even if to report that you have no progress. Failure to post monthly update will take you out  

of the contest. I hope that this will keep the contest active and on everyone's mind.

8. A Finished "B.R.B.O." thread must be posted "Under Glass" by August 1 2019. A separate thread with a list of the completed builds will be posted to keep up with the judging.

If this is acceptable to everyone, I will begin a thread to post the participants. Let me know what you think.

7 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Okay guys, here is what I propose:

1. We seem to have started several contests but for different reasons none have ever finished. Let me say though that this is only a hobby and family and responsibilities come first. I also want to thank Goodwrench3 for starting last years contest and say I hope that his daughter is doing better. But I thought we might just go back  to the original name and "finish what we started" so to speak.

2. I thought that a 6 month build may keep us "honed in" so to speak, with more continuous participation.

3. I will moderate the contest and so I won't have an entry to keep there from being any questions of interest. If someone else would like to moderate the contest I will gladly step aside.

4. Here are the rules that I propose:

1. This is a hobby so have fun!

2. Contest would run from Feb. 1 and end Aug. 1. Judging to last for 1 week (7 days) by forum members beginning August 2 2019.

3. 1/24 and 1/25 only so that we are comparing apples to apples. Bobtail Trucks, Trucks and Trailer combos, Straight Trucks, are all fine.

4. No restrictions on aftermarket parts or kits.

5. MUST start with a new kit, new kit parts or a COMPLETELY stripped rebuild. Nothing started. This is important so that everyone is starting at the same place.

6. Once you are on the contest list, post a picture with what you are starting with in the "Workbench" section with the title "B.R.B.O." including what you're building in the title

on or before Feb 1 2019.

7. Monthly updates are a must to let everyone know that you are still in the contest, even if to report that you have no progress. Failure to post monthly update will take you out  

of the contest. I hope that this will keep the contest active and on everyone's mind.

8. A Finished "B.R.B.O." thread must be posted "Under Glass" by August 1 2019. A separate thread with a list of the completed builds will be posted to keep up with the judging.

If this is acceptable to everyone, I will begin a thread to post the participants. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your kind comment.   Our daughter is "managing" at this point, as are myself and my wife.

I would like to participate and it will be good to have something like this to work toward.

Regards,

Jeff