Model Cars Magazine Forum

1951 Chevy for my dad

ismaelg

8 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

That model looks great, your Dad will be proud! Don't you love/hate it when a model fights you tooth and nail and the finished product ends up so nice that nobody would believe it took some serious work/pain to get there?Β :D

I agree, it was worth the pain!

Hello,

Β  Unfortunately my dad has been in the hospital for a few days. His asthma isΒ  bothering him. Doctors sayΒ he is much better nowΒ  but will most likely be a couple more days. So I took the oportunity to bring him the '51 to cheer him up.Β 

He LOVED it!

I told him I'd take it back until he was released as an incentive ?

2v2EZ4nc4xJ21ND.jpgΒ 

The Dr. (pneumologist) came to check on him. Saw the model and loved it! We ended up talking cars for a while. I even showed him this forum.

I also brought him a 1/18 diecast I fixed for him. A convertible that rolled over and landed upside down.

Send your good wishes to my dad and I'll show him this thread. Not much to do in a hospital anyways.

• Like 2

On 2019-01-05 at 8:38 AM, ismaelg said:

Thank you all for the nice comments!Β  Just talked to him over the phone and almost blew it mentioning this thread :)

Β 

Bill, it is funny:Β  papΓ‘ means father, papa means potato and El Papa means the Pope :)

I seem to recall an actual news story, from many years ago, where a T-shirt vendor made the same mistake in spelling, and ended up with lots of unsalable merchandise bearing the message "I saw the potato!"

An excellent job on completing a great looking shelf build. I've always liked the real car, but I sold the kits when I realized the difficulty in making a good looking build from the kit contents.

• 4 years later...