Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Build Off Entry List 2019, Rules and Updates

46 minutes ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Uh oh...   OOPS.

I took the shrink wrap off already and glued the engine block halves together.

Sorry -- I thought we were starting already .

That's no problem. The proposed rules and entry lists were on separate threads. That's my fault. That's why I put them together now. Besides, a lot of resin engines, both halves are already together.

8 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

That's no problem. The proposed rules and entry lists were on separate threads. That's my fault. That's why I put them together now. Besides, a lot of resin engines, both halves are already together.

OK Thx !

I also found it quite interesting that in this Round 2 re-release of the kit, none of the part numbers on the parts trees match the part numbers on the instructions   :blink:

33 minutes ago, Repstock said:

I've been looking for a reason to finish this..I will be using kit parts for engine and frame. Does the cab have to be from a kit?

kOkiTIv.jpg

The build doesn't have to be from a kit, it can be scratch built. You have a lot done, but if you were to cast it in resin it would amount to the same starting point for someone else using the resin conversion. I don't have a problem unless someone else does, so I'll put you down. The main reason for rule #5 is keep anyone from having a big head start. The way I see it, you are starting with a cab conversion that you've mastered.

However, If anyone who is entered into this contest has a problem with this entry, please send me a private message and we'll discuss it further. I want to try to make everyone feel like they're being treated fairly.

I myself don’t see it as an issue, nor do I think anyone else will, I think we are all on the same page, it’s fun and we get a little online comarraderie (sp? glad auto correct doesn’t work when you really need it, lol) from being in the build off. I’m more concerned with some of us finishing....., that’s more for making fun of myself, as I get distracted easily.......

pretty sure jeff ( gotnitro) will see something shiny and be off on a tangent, lol......, just kidding buddy?

Edited by tbill

5 hours ago, Goodwrench3 said:

OK Thx !

I also found it quite interesting that in this Round 2 re-release of the kit, none of the part numbers on the parts trees match the part numbers on the instructions   :blink:

I found the same thing but if you have the sheet for a California hauler they have correct numbers for the drivetrain, and engine if needed.

5 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

The build doesn't have to be from a kit, it can be scratch built. You have a lot done, but if you were to cast it in resin it would amount to the same starting point for someone else using the resin conversion. I don't have a problem unless someone else does, so I'll put you down. The main reason for rule #5 is keep anyone from having a big head start. The way I see it, you are starting with a cab conversion that you've mastered.

However, If anyone who is entered into this contest has a problem with this entry, please send me a private message and we'll discuss it further. I want to try to make everyone feel like they're being treated fairly.

If anyone does have a problem with this, I won't be offended at all. The last thing I want to do is cause a problem. If this is disqualified, I have another option.

1 minute ago, Repstock said:

If anyone does have a problem with this, I won't be offended at all. The last thing I want to do is cause a problem. If this is disqualified, I have another option.

I don't think anyone will have a problem and I am personally looking forward to seeing this one completed. Old square cabovers are my favorite.

1 hour ago, cowboy rich said:

I found the same thing but if you have the sheet for a California hauler they have correct numbers for the drivetrain, and engine if needed.

Thx --  it's not a big deal.  You don't really need the part numbers to identify the parts.  I just found it strange that they couldn't get the "basics" correct in the instructions for a kit that has been around forever.  I built this same kit 40 years ago when i was a teenager.

1 hour ago, tbill said:

I myself don’t see it as an issue, nor do I think anyone else will, I think we are all on the same page, it’s fun and we get a little online comarraderie (sp? glad auto correct doesn’t work when you really need it, lol) from being in the build off. I’m more concerned with some of us finishing....., that’s more for making fun of myself, as I get distracted easily.......

pretty sure jeff ( gotnitro) will see something shiny and be off on a tangent, lol......, just kidding buddy?

I agree with tbill re:   " I’m more concerned with some of us finishing..."  -- Hopefully with some encouragement from the group I'll actually FINISH one this go-around.  That alone would be a huge win for me !

Hello everybody , and yes ii am in to do a build again , hope this year go,s better than 2018 [ that is a lot of projects to finishd ]

but now i wil move on

what i wil build i let you know in a couple of day,s

and your right about it , FUN and Plesure

jacobus  

On 1/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, Goodwrench3 said:

Uh oh...   OOPS.

I took the shrink wrap off already and glued the engine block halves together.

Sorry -- I thought we were starting already .

That’s it you’re done! Put it back in the box and wait!! Lol ? 

Okay everyone, so far we have 14 entries. Thanks to everyone who have entered so far. Don't forget, the contest doesn't start until Feb 1, so no actual building until then. Make sure to have a thread started by then though.  I've spoke with Dave at A.I.T.M. and we will have a $25 credit with him for the winner of this contest!

I'm looking forward to some great builds!!

Brian