Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Build Off Entry List 2019, Rules and Updates

On 1/16/2019 at 9:08 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Okay guys, with only 15 days until we begin, we are up to 21 entries. I'm looking forward to seeing some great builds and some renewed life to our Big Rig section of the forum. Maybe I'll get my Mack finished in the process of all of this too.

Finish...  that's my main goal this time !!!    As it stands, I'm travelling for work for 3 weeks between the first of Feb. and the first week of March.   I'll have to make an effort to find some bench time in Feb. !

On 09/01/2019 at 8:28 PM, stitchdup said:

Shipping to the US is more than it is to Canada (about a third to half more). I think it's something to do with Canada being part of the commonwealth as shipping to Australia is cheaper too. If oyu look on the kfs website the shipping is listed somewhere on it

Sorry, that's not correct.   I post goods internationally almost every day, so I'm reasonably familiar with rates to different countries.  For Royal Mail, the US and Canada are both World Zone 1, so postage prices are exactly the same.   Australia is in World Zone 2 and costs a little more.   As an example, a 500g (1.1 lb) package would cost £12.95 to both the US and Canada, or £13.45 to Australia.

Edited by dodgefever

I will get in on this.  I will start a thread as soon as parts start showing up.

I'm actually building a 41ish KW in 1:1... and decided to start in 1/25 to see my vision.  Starting with a low mount AITM 59 KW cab (modify accordingly) on a w900 donor chassis.... GW 6-71 with some extra turbos to match the 1:1 plan

Pic of the 1:1 since that's all I physically have aside from PayPal receipts at this moment

10496192_10201431904558164_4094173092899779395_o.jpg

27 minutes ago, Chris541 said:

I will get in on this.  I will start a thread as soon as parts start showing up.

I'm actually building a 41ish KW in 1:1... and decided to start in 1/25 to see my vision.  Starting with a low mount AITM 59 KW cab (modify accordingly) on a w900 donor chassis.... GW 6-71 with some extra turbos to match the 1:1 plan

Pic of the 1:1 since that's all I physically have aside from PayPal receipts at this moment

10496192_10201431904558164_4094173092899779395_o.jpg

You're in. Dave has a post on his website that parts won't be shipped until Feb. 3. If your parts are in that delay, go ahead and start a thread with what you do have in the workbench section to get it in by Feb.1. You can even post this picture, or use one of Dave's stock photos. I like the prospect of this one. I have a high mount to build one day myself.