Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Build Off Entry List 2019, Rules and Updates

Well guys it is April and we've only had one definite withdrawal and one fail to update. We also have had five to finish. Builders who are finished no longer need to update every month.

Here is the list as stands:

Finished:

1. Spruslayer  DM600

2. landman     Paystar 5000

3. gotnitro?     Mack R Model

4. Sam I Am    Titan 90

5. tbill                Western Star  (waiting to post "Under Glass")

Remaining entries:

1. iamsuperdan

2.Goodwrench3

3.Mopar-D

4. Aaronw

5.PierreR89

6.Oldmopars

7.stitchdup

8. jacubus

9. DrKerry

10. amtrak115

11. K100

12. drinkone2

13. BuilderX

14. guitarsam326

15. Bennyg

16. dodgefever

17. Chris541

18. Cowboyrich

19. SpreadAxle

20. signguy2108

21. Iwwoodss

Thanks to everyone for hanging in there. If I've made any mistakes, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

16 hours ago, Jim B said:

I didn't join because I never imagined that I would complete the 1926 Mack AC within the timeframe.  Live & learn I guess.

Jim, the main reason that I wanted to do the contest this year wasn't to see who could build the greatest truck, but it was to motivate some great builds and generate some more traffic in our truck section which I hoped would also encourage more building. With that being said, your awesome Mack build fulfilled the spirit of the contest even though you were not entered. With five entries already finished, I'm optimistic on how many great builds we will get to see.

I know for me, I had not touched a model in over a year. I  was out of work and dealing with a health issue. It was just what I needed. Since I finished the Titan,  I  have gone through my entire big rig stash that had not seen the light of day in five years. I repaired a trailer that needed it, started two restorations,  and even have plans to attend a model show and am even going as a vendor to sell off a bunch of car stuff I will never get to.  

So yea, I would say it worked too ! ?

On 4/1/2019 at 11:47 PM, Jim B said:

I didn't join because I never imagined that I would complete the 1926 Mack AC within the timeframe.  Live & learn I guess.

Same here...................I NEVER finish a build in mere months, which is why I didn't bother, but my GMC 9500 seemed like it was built at the speed of light!

Outstanding work by everyone who has already completed builds , and the on going ones ! Definitely encouraged me to finish in a timely fashion,  and for once stay on task..now back to my regularly scheduled workbench mayhem 

Thanks Brian for hosting the 2019 BRBO 

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's May guys and we're down from 21 entries to 17. Thanks to everyone for hanging in there.

These are the remaining entries:

1. iamsuperdan

2. Goodwrench3

3. Mopar-D

4. AaronW

5.PierreR89

6. Oldmopars

7. stitchdup

8. jacobus

9. amtrak115

10. K100

11. BuilderX

12.Bennyg

13. dodgefever

14. Chris541

15. SpreadAxle

16.signguy2108

17.lwwoodss

If I've made any mistakes let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Remind us, what is the deadline? I have the cab finished, the trailer almost done, but the dozer is a long way off. I may have to just call it good with cab and trailer.

The contest ends August 1, 2019, with updates each month until completed. I send out reminders to those who forget, but I missed May. I'm extending the May update time until June 10th for everyone since I missed the reminder.

Thanks,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, here it is June and we're down to 12 contestants still building.

Here is the list as stands:

Finished:

1. Spruslayer             DM600

2. landman                Paystar 5000

3. gotnitro?                R-Modle

4. Sam I Am              Titan 90

5. tbill                         Western Star (waiting to post "Under Glass")

6. signguy 2108       Cruiseliner (waiting to post "Under Glass")

Remaining Entries:

1. iamsuperdan

2. Goodwrench3

3. Mopar-D

4. Oldmopars

5. jacobus

6. amtrak115

7. BuilderX

8.Bennyg

9. dodgefever

10. Chris541

11. SpreadAxle

12. lwwoods

Thanks to everyone involved! If I have made any mistakes, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys here it is July and June has passed by us. We are down to seven remaining contestant that are still building and seven finished builds. Thanks to all who are hanging in there. August 1st is drawing near. This is the home stretched guys.

Finished:

1. Spruslayer                           DM600

2. landman                              Paystar 5000

3. gotnitro?                               Mack R

4. Sam I Am                            Titan 90

5. tbill                                       Western Star (waiting to put under glass)

6.signguy 2108                      Mack Cruiseliner

7. Oldmopars                         IH Dozer Lowboy Combo

Remaining Contestants:

1. iamsuperdan

2. jacobus

3. amtrak115

4. BuilderX

5. dodgefever

6. Bennyg

7 .lwwoods

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the contest is finished. We had seven to finish. Please look in the Under Glass section to vote for your favorite. Thank you to everyone who participated whether you were able to finish or not. A special thank you to Dave at A.I.T.M. for the $25 prize for the winner.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Well the contest is finished. We had seven to finish. Please look in the Under Glass section to vote for your favorite. Thank you to everyone who participated whether you were able to finish or not. A special thank you to Dave at A.I.T.M. for the $25 prize for the winner.

I'm curious....

Will there be another build off next year? I'd throw the ol' college effort into it if there was.

I’m gonna guess yes, it’s been an ongoing thing for the past few years, it’s been ‘hosted ‘ by a few different members, but we all seem to suffer the same fate from time to time, the inability to finish builds, lol. Still, it’s a great idea, and a great time.

1 hour ago, BaBaBooey said:

I'm curious....

Will there be another build off next year? I'd throw the ol' college effort into it if there was.

1 hour ago, tbill said:

I’m gonna guess yes, it’s been an ongoing thing for the past few years, it’s been ‘hosted ‘ by a few different members, but we all seem to suffer the same fate from time to time, the inability to finish builds, lol. Still, it’s a great idea, and a great time.

Like Tom said, most likely so. If I don't host it, I'm sure someone will.