Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Shelby GT350 convertible

Sport Suburban

Here is another one I finished in 2018. This 66 Shelby GT350 convertible is built from kit bashing two Revell kits. The 64 Pace Car convertible and the 66 GT 350H. Pretty strait forward kit bash and real easy to do. This is my second 66 GT350 convertible build. It also has Plamoz wheels meant for the 67 Shelby kit that I had chromed. Not truly correct but I like them. Decals are older Fred Cady decals that I had a long time but could not get the hood stripes to lay down and appear strait. The hood was stripped and repainted and the stripes on the hood is now painted. I should have just painted all of the Le Mans stripes and only used the side decals. I just love this tooling model kit and really enjoy building these kits.

66 Shelby GT350 Convertible a.JPG

66 Shelby GT350 Convertible c.JPG

66 Shelby GT350 Convertible e.JPG

66 Shelby GT350 Convertible g.JPG

66 Shelby GT350 Convertible i.JPG

66 Shelby GT350 Convertible l.JPG

Thanks everyone. This is one of my favorites. Just a real joy to build and looks great even though this one had a broken windshield frame.

Here is my first one and it is going to get a rebuild as it has a few errors and the paint is splotchy. Or maybe I’ll finally build the Pace Car version.

01BA331F-10FB-42F3-8691-F03DDA2CE164.jpeg

E381AF24-E34A-4049-BD7C-C25CB99A00B6.jpeg