Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
afx

Wheel ID Help

Looking for help identifying these wheels, kit origin and/or 1:1 manufacturer and style.

#1-can't make out the marking on the grease cap

DSCN5938

DSCN5940

#3 - marked "AAE" on the grease cap

DSCN5929

DSCN5932

#5 -  appears just to be a molding mark on the grease cap.

DSCN5935

26 minutes ago, afx said:

#2 - Revell '69 Yenko 427 Camaro 

#3 - Ansen Apollo:

akh057.jpg

#4 - Are these four lug wheels? 14" and 13"? They look like MPC Pinto or Mustang II wheels.

#1-MPC '73 Duster (maybe others too)

#3-AMT 67/68 Impala annual

#5-AMT 64 or 65 Imperial

(all guesses based on memory)  

#1 look quite a bit like ET drag wheels, but not an exact match. Close enough that I'd use 'em on the rear of something, though. B)

3 hours ago, Casey said:

#4 - The outside diameter is 16.8 mm which would work out to around a 15" wheel.  They are 4-lug.

Looks like Scenes Unlimited offers #3 - Ansen Apollos

Image result for ansen apollo wheel

#1 - looks like the back wheels from the MPC Street rods of the 70s. 

#2 - looks like the Revell 69 Yenko Camaro or 32 Ford street rod wheels. 

#4 - I'd say MPC Pinto, however they look like they have 8 lugs. But if you say they're 4 lug then I'll take your word for it.

#5 - looks like the caps from the Johan 63 Fury, but that's just a guess.

Posted (edited)

#5 looks very much like these:

Imperial_Rear.jpg

1964 Imperial The center section of these wheel covers were painted in body color.

Edited by Bucky

I zoomed your pic of the #5 wheels. The center cap looks like the Imperial eagle emblem. I checked my '64 Imperial kit, and they look identical to what's in the box. 

JC, what does the backside of wheel #2 look like? I took a pic of the wheel I have which I *think* is from the 1/25 Revell '69 Yenko 427 Camaro kit, but the plastic underneath appears to be a much brighter yellow than I recall the original issue being molded in. I still think that's the source, but not as confident now.

I also found a wheel identical to the five-slot, four-lug you posted, along with the (I think) Pinto and/or Mustang II AMT or MPC 14" or 13" wheel I was thinking of (third from left, below), so I can't help much on the I.D.:

IMG_20190111_133005.thumb.jpg.ef23a9bc4c5ff0dc3babb9444b98d28c.jpg

IMG_20190111_133029.thumb.jpg.2605f23d1f764d7263eab97ef031768c.jpg

Edited by Casey

#4 are from the MPC "Convoy Chaser" '76 Dart.  Don't ask me why they are eight lug.

#3 are from the AMT '67 (original annual) Impala kits (hardtop and convertible), and the "for '68" "Chevrolet SS 427" which was the '67 Impala with the stock parts deleted and the rear window opening filled in (!). 

3 hours ago, Casey said:

JC, what does the backside of wheel #2 look like? I took a pic of the wheel I have which I *think* is from the 1/25 Revell '69 Yenko 427 Camaro kit, but the plastic underneath appears to be a much brighter yellow than I recall the original issue being molded in. I still think that's the source, but not as confident now.

I also found a wheel identical to the five-slot, four-lug you posted, along with the (I think) Pinto and/or Mustang II AMT or MPC 14" or 13" wheel I was thinking of (third from left, below), so I can't help much on the I.D.:

IMG_20190111_133005.thumb.jpg.ef23a9bc4c5ff0dc3babb9444b98d28c.jpg

IMG_20190111_133029.thumb.jpg.2605f23d1f764d7263eab97ef031768c.jpg

Casey, #2 looks like the far right wheel in your top photo and the backside looks like what you posted above.

#4 looks like the far left wheel in your top photo.  It has 4-lugs along with 4 exposed bolts holding on the grease cap.