Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25, 1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Custom Classic.

Jeffcad

Hi !

Here is my very first Cadillac conversion, made a couple of years ago. JoHan only produced Eldorado Coupes from 1971 to 1976, so I took a old "76' Eldorado Rancher" kit to make this specific version. As 1978 would be the final year for the full sized Cadillac Eldorado,  I wanted to make the highest trim level. The "Custom Classic" was very distinctive with its 2 tones exterior body and also a duo-tone pillowed leather interior ( done with clay ). 2000 Classics have been built that year, only 25 with a sunroof, like my version. I unfortunately couldn't get the exact same colours at the time I built the model ( Arizona Beige and Demitasse Brown Metallic ) but I tried to get as close as I could. As she's my first conversion, some mistakes here and there..., like a missing  "Eldorado" script on the front edge of the hood. Rear bumper and taillights have been modified, as well as the rear window. Shock absorber fender and trunk lines sculpted. It was so fun to do though , but putting the 1mm black line decals on fenders ?....no so much ! ;) 

IM8A5064.JPG

IM8A5049.JPG

IM8A5050.JPG

IM8A5059.JPG

IM8A5060.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RomanII said:

This article about two identical 1978 Custom Classics has just appeared.  Imagine having two pristine examples of this car, each with less than 300 miles.  

https://barnfinds.com/ultra-low-mileage-two-1978-cadillac-eldorado-custom-biarritz-classic/

Yeah I saw the article yesterday, it's unbelievable !