Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Round2 - more trucks expected for release

steve1970

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:11 PM, PettyKW43 said:

Looking forward to seeing both return, was always a curiosity the box art for the doubles,  W925  Kenworth! I would be surprised to see one of those at CF!

Vintage box art was always better than the generic stuff put out in later years, but kind of makes you wonder sometimes. A WF SD would be a natural on the pulling end, but chrome rims on CF equipment?

• 2 weeks later...

Well the kits are straight reissues with different or new decals so they are like all of the earlier issues, the Double Header kit has allways had chrome plated rims and the same goes for most of the AMT trucks...not likely CF equippment as most of them were plain and simple, but that how it is.
The chrome plating is not hard to get rid of if you don't want it, and 2 hole budd wheels are easy to find on the aftermarket.

• 4 weeks later...

My issue has chrome plating, I don't know what year it was made as there is no copyright year on it anywhere, but the kit number is T521 with the boxart above so it can be the first issue, I also have the single 27' trailer kit T525 and it also have plating.
Well I prefer the plating because it's easier to remove than to try to replicate it...at least where I live as we don't have any plating service.
Yes you can use Alclad or Molotov but I still like to have the parts chrome plated from the manufacturer...then at least I have the option to do what I want.

The first issue carried the same box art as the upcoming reissue. The second issue with a picture of the trailers built up and also carried T521 box # by AMT then also AMT Matchbox had no chrome, it was added back for the Stevens International release and I’m guessing for the upcoming reissue as well. I agree , I would rather have the plating and remove it as an option

Edited by PettyKW43