Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Roadster: Channeled, Nailhead-Powered Early 50's Hot Rod

Dennis Lacy

21 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

YOWZA!!!! Your skills are MAD these days....congrats on the award, sorry we couldn't get together when I was out there last week, too much WORK to do...AAAARRAGAHHAGGAHHHH!!!!! -RRR

Thanks! I had to step it up a few notches so you and KK would keep me around. :lol:

4 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

ny Thanks again, Tim! 

Do you ever get out here to SoCal for any shows?

Once in a blue moon.  I've been to several of the NNL West shows over the years, and I came out for the LA Roadster Club Father's Day meet a few years back when Brett Barris was having a launch party for his George Barris Art Book (I wrote one of the chapters).   

As some of you know, my last job at Ford included overseeing all the company's Advanced Design Studios, including the one in Irvine.   I made trips there generally once a month, but they were usually 24 hour turnarounds w/redeye returns, so not hardly any time for visits (just ask Dave Dale about that!).  

Anyway, I have a standing invite from David for the January GNRS and want to do that again - my last one was the 1999 50th event at the Cow Palace in SFO.   I also need to get back the NNL West - I think it is awesome what that show has become over the years......

Would be great to meet up if I make it out again - but since I retired, my modus operandi has been to stay away as far as possible from any and all airports!!!  (Again just ask David....) 

Best......TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, iBorg said:

Dennis- I just found this. What a great build! Did you take any WIP pics and post them? Any hints for someone else who wants to back date this kit?

Thanks! If you search my posts there should be a thread detailing the entire project and that will lay out how everything was back-dated. Last year I added a stylized top which is a resin duplicate of a top that I mastered. Makes the car look tough and sneaky! They are available through Drag City Casting. 

853ADED2-AABA-4E33-ADE8-723D8146106E.jpeg.626689eb43034933d730cdbe965c7c5a.jpeg

4533BB76-ED8E-464D-A738-5F897DC6427B.jpeg.8635356850e110a0af497a44e808ee40.jpeg

Dang Dennis! Just when I thought I'd be done building 32's for a while, you post this and send my imagination into a tailspin!  The nailhead is gorgeous, proportions spot on. Maybe there's a channeled Deuce in my future!

• 1 year later...