Model Cars Magazine Forum
yellowsportwagon

Buck Baker 66 442

Since I’m stupid or something I always have about 6 cars going at any time. I switch off between them. This one is a pretty simple build aside from rollbar and interior stuff.

09BFF935-33AC-4AB9-96AA-FB6E6B5C21CD.jpeg

C137B887-1230-4011-98E5-0A6444F2EC0A.jpeg

You're ambitious Tim, not stupid. :)

That looks really cool!  I'm only 1/2 as stupid, keeping 3 or 4 going at once :o

You are FAST.....not stupid....I hold that crown for number of projects at one time!!! I'll be watching! 

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

You are FAST.....not stupid....I hold that crown for number of projects at one time!!! I'll be watching! 

I don’t know Dave I’ve been known as the undisputed king of unfinished projects. I’ve got models that have been half done for decades.

2 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I don’t know Dave I’ve been known as the undisputed king of unfinished projects. I’ve got models that have been half done for decades.

I have a 1/12 scale Roush IMSA Cougar that has been in the works since 1990. I spent 100's on AeroQuip fittings alone. 

Sorry to hijack.....I'll wait to see your finished Buck OLDS!

COUGAR.jpg

18 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I have a 1/12 scale Roush IMSA Cougar that has been in the works since 1990. I spent 100's on AeroQuip fittings alone. 

Sorry to hijack.....I'll wait to see your finished Buck OLDS!

COUGAR.jpg

I’ve never seen that kit.

44 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I’ve never seen that kit.

Scratchbuilt other than wheels, tires and seat.......Engine is a 1/12 Chevy 350 I modified and resin cast. Like I said....I invested enough to buy a decent used real car!!! 

Posted (edited)

Ok so you did the same as I did with a Reventlow Scarab. I scratchbuilt a brass tube space frame modified the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of a

Strombecker Scarab body then got lost on making a DeDion tube rear suspension . So it sits 20 years later. At least it’s in the company of others in the same boat.

Edited by yellowsportwagon

1 hour ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Ok so you did the same as I did with a Reventlow Scarab. I scratchbuilt a brass tube space frame modified the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of a

Strombecker Scarab body then got lost on making a DeDion tube rear suspension . So it sits 20 years later. At least it’s in the company of others in the same boat.

YEP!  To many projects is a sign of a genius........I really hope so anyway..... 

Mark I’m not real wild about the fuel cell I made for this one. Hangs down too far. But I’m not about to try an rip it off of there.

39 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Mark I’m not real wild about the fuel cell I made for this one. Hangs down too far. But I’m not about to try an rip it off of there.

I feel your pain. I have done some things, really didn't like them, but realized nobody but the rivet counters would care, so I forged ahead. I'm sure nobody will notice when they see the final pictures. As long as the over all look is awesome, which this model will be, that's  what's important.

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Any more progress on this one?

Nothing worth noting. Hopefully by this weekend.

Edited by yellowsportwagon