Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buck Baker 66 442

yellowsportwagon

2 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I don’t know Dave I’ve been known as the undisputed king of unfinished projects. I’ve got models that have been half done for decades.

I have a 1/12 scale Roush IMSA Cougar that has been in the works since 1990. I spent 100's on AeroQuip fittings alone. 

Sorry to hijack.....I'll wait to see your finished Buck OLDS!

COUGAR.jpg

Ok so you did the same as I did with a Reventlow Scarab. I scratchbuilt a brass tube space frame modified the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of a

Strombecker Scarab body then got lost on making a DeDion tube rear suspension . So it sits 20 years later. At least it’s in the company of others in the same boat.

Edited by yellowsportwagon

1 hour ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Ok so you did the same as I did with a Reventlow Scarab. I scratchbuilt a brass tube space frame modified the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of a

Strombecker Scarab body then got lost on making a DeDion tube rear suspension . So it sits 20 years later. At least it’s in the company of others in the same boat.

YEP!  To many projects is a sign of a genius........I really hope so anyway..... 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Mark I’m not real wild about the fuel cell I made for this one. Hangs down too far. But I’m not about to try an rip it off of there.

I feel your pain. I have done some things, really didn't like them, but realized nobody but the rivet counters would care, so I forged ahead. I'm sure nobody will notice when they see the final pictures. As long as the over all look is awesome, which this model will be, that's  what's important.