Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Highboy

James2

Two things I have not done, A fully fendered 32 Ford and a Highboy, take the HB off the to do list.

Made from spare parts I have had in a box of Revell 32 Ford kits, 3 and 5 windows, roadster and the Rat Roadster kit.

Engine is just a bunch of parts box pieces made to work, painted semi gloss enamel. 

Chassis is a stock Revell item with a drop axle up front and modified headlights. Out back is the Revell bagged Ford axle.

Tires are from Modelhaus and the wheels are from ebay, perhaps Forward Resin. Brake drums are Revell kit pieces also.

Interior is from the Rat Roadster. I made flat panels to fit and added arh rests, seat is a pleated bench I filled and smoothed. Finished with my daughters Apple Barrel Acrylic art paint and Gloss Black enamel. The floor is flocked.

The body too is just whatever I could find that would fit or be modified to work with the rest of the pieces used. It is finished with Model Master Enamel Gloss Black, no clear. I like how the paint flow and lay down went, but it barely stays on the edges and sanding/polishing made things worse. Then final coat was spayed straight from a warmed can and left to dry.

I used Molotow Chrome for accent and touch up and I like to use Future floor polish for some of the assembly. All in all I am happy with the build, hope you guys like it as well...

2v2EeCstgxAghwd.jpg2v2EeCs7GxAghwd.jpg2v2EeCsRnxAghwd.jpg2v2EeCssSxAghwd.jpg2v2EeCsPVxAghwd.jpg2v2EeCskhxAghwd.jpg2v2EeCsDLxAghwd.jpg

• Like 2

That is a very clean Highboy! Especially that flawless black paint job catches my eyes, but the whole model is very nicely done as always. The wheel and tire combo works great, and I like how the red interior looks with the black exterior too. Excellent work.

14 hours ago, spike morelli said:

Love it! I'm always on the lookout for the '39 to '48 Ford Flathead engine and hot rod parts. Your appears to have the Edelbrock finned heads,....what kit(s) did you take that engine and dress up from?

Thanks Spike, I'm not 100% sure but I think the majority of the engine came from a Revell 40 Ford kit. I had a Standard and the Good Guys kits mixed together in one box. Most of the pieces where from my parts box...