Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jan 2019--Chad Returns.

stavanzer

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, MrObsessive said:

Nice to see the '59 Imperial back! Prices were starting to get a little salty on the 'Bay with those so hopefully its return will put the kibosh on that.

Pretty salty from 2006 and the last Model King re-issue!  I have one of those with the sticker from a Los Angeles hobby shop still on it.  Their price was $34.99.

I bought several, and remember even at that price, the shop sold out pretty quickly and didn't get any more.  Same story with the Model King '64 Comet.  I happened to be in the hobby shop when those were unpacked.  I grabbed two.  When I stopped in the store one week later, they didn't have any left.

Just checked my eBay sale lists.  I sold a '59 Imperial back in 2017.  Started the bidding at a little more than I paid for it, which was 20% off retail. It sold for $46.00.

And I'm really glad I sold my diecast 1/18 scale Barris "The Car" on eBay in 2017!  I see it's just been reissued, in that video.  It was first issued in 2003, never re-issued AFAIK, and by 2017 there was a huge demand for that weird, ugly thing.  I like weird and ugly, but needed to thin down the diecast herd.  It got a lot of bids and sold for $178.25.

Edited by Mike999
error