Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Charger R/T

mrmike

Thanks everyone!

Stephen, I'm glad to see that you are still around and doing well!  While I am not a fan of flat color bodies, that does sound like a neat project!  Git-R-Dun!

I sat down at the bench a short while ago and picked up my 1mm Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen and started picking out the chrome details before I start applying decals to the dash and console later.

More to come...

70Charger16.JPG

70Charger17.JPG

70Charger18.JPG

Now this is the way a Hurst Pistol-Grip Shifter is suppose to be painted!  You always leave a chrome strip up the back of the shift handle and a chrome top.  I've detailed the steering wheel.  I should have put a dot of flat black in the spokes which I did after I noticed my flub up.  And, the rear taillights are done!

More to come...

70Charger19.JPG

70Charger20.JPG

70Charger21.JPG

Thanks David!  The idea here was to chrome what is known as a "horn ring".  This sits on top of the three spokes of the steering wheel.  The three spokes on the steering wheel itself are solid with no holes whatsoever.  If this was an aftermarket steering wheel, I would drill the holes.  This is a stock steering wheel.

Thank you Adam!

Been working on the Hemi.  I need to find a Hemi wiring diagram and I can finish wiring the engine.  I'm not 100% happy with the plumbing of the carbs and I may remove the forward pipe and rearch it.  A quick mockup to see how the Charger is progressing.

More to come...

70Charger22.JPG

70Charger23.JPG

70Charger24.JPG

On 24/01/2019 at 3:45 PM, mrmike said:

I painted the interior this afternoon with Dupli-Color Light Blue Metallic and tossed everything into the dehydrator for a few hours.  Then, I painted the body, hood, and front valance panel with Testors Star Spangled Blue Lacquer.

More to come...

70Charger13.JPG

70Charger14.JPG

70Charger15.JPG

what temp do you set yours at?

Back on the Charger!  I finished the interior and chassis and got them assembled.  I love this color!  The wheels seem a little larger than I had expected, but I can live with it.  I hope to finish the Charger today.

More to come...

70Charger33.JPG

70Charger32.JPG

70Charger31.JPG