Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monster trucks...

426 pack

There is an 80s Bronco to go with the Datsun, El Camino, and Dodge truck. There is also the USA-1 kit and the Bigfoot 10 and Snakebite kits. Then there is the late 80s Bigfoot leafspring kit that could be any truck from 3 to 7 but doesn't represent any one truck all that well, the Destroyer 2 kit is a reissue of this kit. There is the Destroyer 1 kit that is basically a reissue of the first Bigfoot kit with different decals. Then there are the Lindberg Raminator and Rammunition trucks and the AMT Grave Digger, Ninja Turtles, and Jurassic Attack kits and the Revell Grave Digger and Maximum Destruction snap kits.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:55 AM, Atmobil said:

I bought a Munsters Monster truck not that long ago:
http://www.scalemodelnews.com/2015/08/the-munsters-go-racing-in-125-scale.html
AMT_MunsterMonster%255B01%255D.JPG

AMTs GMT 400 Chevy long bed kit with added monstertruck stuff. Is it the same as the USA-1 kit but with different decals maybe?

Yep, the Munsters kit is USA-1 with different decals.

Monogram had a companion to the Monster Mash. Same truck, called the Hammerhead Shark molded in blue sparkle.

As an aside, the Hammerhead is what got me into modelling. I happened to see it on the shelf at a hobby shop. I was big into monster trucks and tractor pulling so I bought it. I had put in 4 wheel hydraulic steering and a few other mods but it wasn't a top notch job. That was around the time the kit had first appeared. I came across a rebuilder but it's a back-burner for now.

hammerhead.jpg

Edited by DPNM

13 hours ago, DPNM said:

I just came across this one which I wasn't familiar with. Molded in an unusual color to say the least.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1990-Monogram-Ground-Pounder-Chevy-Monster-Truck-1-24-model-WOW/113570662762?hash=item1a7156c96a:g:72EAAOSwKdpcQCom:rk:57:pf:0

Yep, it's another version of the Monster Mash and Hammerhead kit.

• 5 months later...

I was building the Krusher while working the a holiday at the gas station in 85. Well in walks the area supervisor Leo. Good thing he liked me I guess. I did not get in trouble. We were slow and he stayed and told me some old stories from back in the day. He was a good supervisor. I still have many of the parts from that kit. 

• 1 year later...