Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O International F2674, D8H and lowboy trailer

Well, not much of an update as I have been moving at a snails pace on this one. However forward progress is being made. I got the dozer part of this build back out of the box and finished up a few things. I did not want to glue the track carriers to the inner arms because I would have to leave it that way and paint it together and that would not work well. So, I drilled out the sprocket "Pins" and replaced it all with aluminum. I was then able to prime the track carriers and the main body. I can not assemble and disassemble as needed.

This this needs a ton more work, but at least the main body is in primer. I have a lot of little parts to shoot and then start the weathering on the main body.

Something like the last 2 pictures in the goal.

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

June5_dozerUnload-L.jpg

plac03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's looking nice!  Tractor came out great and I really like the shade of red you used.  Can't wait to see how the dozer comes out.  As an aside have you ever tried the Tamiya weathering powders?  They do wonders for making paint look worn just in the right places.  They also bring out highlights, which on the dozer, will really stand out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, between busy life, ADHD, and Motorcycle season starting, the project has not been getting the attention it should. I am still making progress, but slow. The cab is 99% done, just needs a few decals. The trailer is about 85%, still need to add the wood deck and wheels and tires. The Dozer is a little farther behind, maybe 60% done. However I have painted most of it and started on the weathering. The truck will have very little weathering on it, it is a Fire truck and fire departments take care of their stuff and still looks new after many many years. The trailer will be lightly weathered, it is a trailer for hauling the dozer, it will see more damage and it would not be as clean and perfect as the truck, but still nice. The dozer will be the heaviest weathering. It will look fairly nice on the top sections, ut the lower areas will show the use that it gets. It will also not be shiny. I have hit it with some Matte clear to take the shine off. It will not be beat up at all, but will look like it just came out of the field after being used. As you can see in the first picture, the truck is near perfect, the trailer a little used, the dozer most of the paint on the lower half is gone and it is dirty, not shiny.

19a1e15b2f510b86dbddd4427b3b3345.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

22 hours ago, 72 Charger said:

Nice are you going to be doing the roll bars

Due to the looming deadline and 20 other projects, full scale and small, I will not get the roll bars done before the deadline. I hope to add them in the near future, but for now they will have to wait or I just won't get it done at all.

So I have an update with a little more progress. This shows where I am going. I still have a lot to do, a lot of details need finishing, a lot of little parts need to be added or painted. The track is just set on there because the rollers are drying. The trailer wheels are just mocked up, not attached. I still need decals on the cab and trailer. Need to finish the trailer deck. Its looking like Balsa wood will be my best bet. Everything else I have tried ends up too thick to be the right scale visually. I will just stain it and dirty it up a bit and it will look good.

Inching ever closer to the finish line. I had big ideas to do more, but it is going to be close to get done what I am doing. 3 kits, fully rebuilt in 6 months is a tall order.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...