Model Cars Magazine Forum

'89 Nissan Sunny Truck / Hasegawa / 1:24

Mr.Zombie

Hello,

Just before summer holiday I purchased this kit on sale at "my" hobby store and I planned to take it with me and paint some in the evenings at a summerhouse. I managed to give it a coat of white and to start with the rust before the departure, but didn't take it with me in the end. I picked it up recently because I had an idea for the chrome strip in the windscreen seal, and simply finished it. 

The kit is close to perfect as is, and there is not much I had to add. I used Highlight Model Studio photeteched sets for the wheelweights, and for the wipers (though I modlified the latter, and am still not sure if I'd rather have them scratchbuild as I usually do), I added the wooden lining on the bed, made the keyholes in doors and the fueldoor a set of numberplates (Hasegawa doesn't add numbers to their decal sheets), a telescopic antenna (works) and I ended up painting the word NISSAN freehand on a piece of white decal, and then transfered it on the truck letter by letter.

As for unusual techniques, I opted for not painting plastic bits that are plastic in real life too, like the bumper ends, the grille, dashboard and some other bits on the inside.  

The kit is very easy, and besides the headlight glass where I wasn't sure how to attach it, and the hubcaps that had to be masked, whereas in Hasegawa's Honda these are separate bits that are way cleaner to attach, there were no issues at all. I highly recommend it if you feel like building out of box sometimes.

31758821997_62c1e9b27b_b.jpg

39735307213_16fce2031b_b.jpg

31758821917_7267438f90_b.jpg

39735307103_d0b9efbbc8_b.jpg

39735307043_0d0fb1371f_b.jpg

39735306873_7b1e3a7d4e_b.jpg

46700209261_f9aa41264a_b.jpg

46700209011_a24c3895b3_b.jpg

39735306433_58cf5be871_b.jpg

46700208901_7432f181d1_b.jpg

Edited by Mr.Zombie

Wow! The subject is out of my interest range by itself, as I always say that "Real Pickup Trucks are made in USA only". But, VERY nicely done model! The weathering is just about perfect, this looks exactly like some of the older European Pickups that I've seen here in Finland (of course except for the steering wheel being on other side). Fantastic work.

11 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

That this is awsome, very well done. Care to share how you do your weathering, like the ripped seats and the flaky rust?

Check out my content, I described it many times, I think in the Honda N360 thread in the comment section I wrote a bit more detailed how I do that.

Edited by Mr.Zombie