Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Citroen DS

Paul Hettick

Paul..... I had seen the high price for these Ebbro Citroen DS19 kits previously, and now I know why they are a bit pricey... good quality and accurate. Your build is excellent and I can see why you are so pleased with it. Beautiful scale model motor car! Well done.

David

Wow! I was never real crazy about the 1:1 (especially in black.......reminds me of a roach), but this is lookin' great! OK..........trivia question for you Citroen guys------how did one change the rear tires on this thing especially if you had a flat? ;)

No Cheating! There's a very logical answer to this one! :P 

56 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Wow! I was never real crazy about the 1:1 (especially in black.......reminds me of a roach), but this is lookin' great! OK..........trivia question for you Citroen guys------how did one change the rear tires on this thing especially if you had a flat? ;)

No Cheating! There's a very logical answer to this one! :P 

I believe you would remove the fender. Great looking model. Never drove one but were very comfortable to ride in.

Edited by Phildaupho

19 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

I believe you would remove the fender. Great looking model. Never drove one but were very comfortable to ride in.

You got it! Give that man a cigar! And yes, I’ve heard they were really splendid to ride in......almost cloud like it was so smooth! ??

9 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

You got it! Give that man a cigar! And yes, I’ve heard they were really splendid to ride in......almost cloud like it was so smooth! ??

Not only that, but the fender is held on by only two bolts, and thanks to the air suspension it jacks itself up and stays level with three wheels on the ground...

beat,

M.