Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo

For my next project I have decided to convert my 1/24 Revell Lamborghini Countach into the twin turbo concept. The only problem I have is the side skirts. I have tried a few things to attempt to create them with no avail. Any idea on what I could do to create these?

Thanks,

Evans

1980-Lamborghini-Countach-S-Turbo3-copy.jpg

^^^ Yeah, pretty much my thoughts too. The skirt is obviously roughly triangular in section, with a slightly concave upper surface. Styrene stock of about .020" can be easily fabricated into the required 3-sided part with careful fitting.

To get the concave shape to hold itself, all you need to do is wrap a length of styrene around something metal of the appropriate radius, tape it very securely in place with a high-quality heat-resistant masking product like 3M Green, and dip it in boiling water for about 30 seconds...or less. Allow it to cool, untape, and you have a perfectly-formed curved panel.

If your feeling lazy you could use the handles from disposable plastic cutlery. If you look around you should be able to find some with the profile you need and they have the added bonus of being made from styrene so your current glues will work. I'm actully using some to build a liberty walk style mustang just now