Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Falcon A/FX

afx

13 hours ago, afx said:

Appreciate the comments and the interests gentlemen. Chute & mount, I'll add the release cable later.

DSCN6060DSCN6061falconmatch 2

I tellya, you're so close to Daddy Warbucks in so many ways that you might as well take off the side trim and go ahead and DO DW. I don't think that trim removal would be too troublesome for someone of your skill. Go for it! B)

Thanks Tony.  I'll study the headers and post any ideas of a better installation method I come up with.

Would love to have the trim Removed Snake but don't want to risk the body at this point.  I don't have a spare if I screw it up.

Edited by afx

On 2/14/2019 at 6:47 PM, afx said:

falconmatch 2

Just noticed something interesting about this pic. I'd always assumed that Daddy Warbucks and Gas Ronda were both Ford Poppy Red--a sort of reddish orange--but in this pic, Ronda's looks slightly but distinctly redder. Lighting/distance illusion? Two different colors? Two different "interpretations" of Poppy Red? Or just my imagination? :wacko:

I took a screen shot of the picture and opened it up in Photoshop and used the color picker to examine the colors. I used both the rear pillar and the roof figuring these would have similar lighting characteristics. If anything the Gas Mustang is slightly redder although distance tends to make colors darker. There may be a slight variation but I think to the naked eye the colors would be the same unless you had the two different colors side by side.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, Snake45 said:

I tellya, you're so close to Daddy Warbucks in so many ways that you might as well take off the side trim and go ahead and DO DW. I don't think that trim removal would be too troublesome for someone of your skill. Go for it! B)

Examples I found of builder's that removed the trim. Excellent builds both but it looks like they struggled with maintaining a sharp panel crease.

Related imageRelated image

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Hey, bud!.....hope to see you back on this one soon!!   -hope you're doing good!!!

All goods Dann - thank for asking.  Wrapping up my Datsun Pickup then I can get back to the Falcon

Thanks Tom.

Got the headers pin mounted.  Replaced to oil breathers with nicer units from HRM.

DSCN6168

Drilled out the molded screen on the intake trumpets, might leave them open or install real screen later.

DSCN6172

• Like 2