Model Cars Magazine Forum

#2, 1962 Ford Thunderbird

Super28

On 7/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

It's pretty hard to beat embossing powder for carpet.

I tried flocking years ago and never had any real luck with it.

Since I started using embossing powder, I use it, and love it on every build.

ย 

ย 

Steve

ย 

2v2EhTqFMxwUbWP.jpg

2v2EhDjNrxwUbWP.jpg

2v2Eh5FmFxwUbWP.jpg

Looks good Steve.

ย 

ย 

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, Slotto said:

I hate twoย steps forward and one step back. Sometimes its necessary. Looks real nice so far

Thanks ,BUT, back we go. The tubing is too big for the wire. Doors are too "loose". Doors "Flop" around. Won't cut it! Ordered some small brass tubing.

ย 

I've had good luck with flocking, I paint a base color down similar to the flocking color, then either use a white glue reduction or bottled clear I can brush on for flocking.ย  In this case I would have painted, either taped off and sprayed or brushed the floor pan flat black, then flocked over.ย ย 

23 hours ago, speedy5963 said:

I've had good luck with flocking, I paint a base color down similar to the flocking color, then either use a white glue reduction or bottled clear I can brush on for flocking.ย  In this case I would have painted, either taped off and sprayed or brushed the floor pan flat black, then flocked over.ย ย 

Thanks. I'll try that next time

1 hour ago, Super28 said:

Thanks. I'll try that next time

Sometime this weekend I'll post some pics of some various flocking I've done so you can see the outcome, in my signature, take a look at the 59 Impalas link, there is a shot of the conv. interior pan showing purple flocking over purple paint, not sure if there is a clear shot of the hardtops floor, that tub was sprayed in pearl white, for the black flocking I brushed on flat black paint, then used model master clear coat, brushed that down for the flocking.ย ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

First attempt at painting figures. No, I really haven't started the painting yet. Got to do some putty work first on her. It's the "Dangerous Curves" Series, "Claire" Need to get good at it before I get to a build that will have five in it.

36.jpg