Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 DeSoto Adventurer convertible

Paul Hettick

Wow, another striking build!  I'm very impressed with your attention to the windshield and vent window differences from the hardtop.  In '57, the convertible mopars got a unique, complex curvature to the windshield that hardtops and sedans did not have, though the hardtops got it in '58; same goes for the unique shape of the upper segment of the vent windows.  I currently on my workbench  have a Time Machine Resin '57 300-C convertible that, though beautifully cast, has the hardtop-style vent windows from that year; I have ideas of how to fix it, but have stalled out on the project.  BTW, how did you fix it?

Again, fantastic build, Paul!

p.s. still looking forward to your '66 Country Sedan kit availability:)

The paint finish is outstanding, we all know how a good Black paint job can be. The attention to detail in the interior is great, and you even matched the shade of gold for the wheels and that isn't easy. As a child we had a neighbor who had one of these and when ever they went for a ride everyone looked at that car. 

Beautiful as always! Very nice paint work, a black paint job like that is very hard to get right, but looks like you nailed it. The interior is very nicely done too. This is one of those bodystyles that looks pretty good as a Convertible, even though I'm usually not a huge fan of them.