Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help finishing my first spray booth

So I have the basic shell of a spray booth built out of plywood. I need to paint/coat it so I can finish assembling it. What do you all recommend I paint or coat it with? I will likely be using it to spray typical model enamels and acrylics. I'll post pics once I figure out how to do that :)

Thanks,

Jed

I would think any Acrylic clear spray paint would work. If the wood is dry it will take a few coats to seal the grain. Building with the good side in would be a plus.

Or some cheap roll on paint from a big box store.

Edited by R.D.F.

I have a rather large collection of newsprint end cuts.  I have installed clips along the top and hang the newsprint around inside my booth.  When they get too messy I simply replace the paper.  Since the paper is almost white it is fairly bright inside the booth.

4 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Remember the KISS principle.  :D

My paint booth.......like most previously mentioned....painted mine white ,with basic white latex house paint. Later.....after a day or two dry time , I mounted basic window glass to the three overspray sides and bottom with regular clear silicone & allowed that to cure. Been using it for better than 15 years now...still same first paint job.   As it gets dingy. ...a single edge razor blade & lacquer thinner dampened rag.....GOOD as new.