Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe, by Modelhaus

Jeffcad

Hi guys,

Sharing with you today an old built, made by Modelhaus. This is the '61 Cadillac Coupe series 62. It's now very very rare and I regret I haven't buy more than one at the time, to make a convertible or an Eldorado from it. I built it around 10 years ago, not pristine but presentable, IMHO. I also regret, (and I am sure I'm not the only one here), that Modelhaus is not around anymore....the quality was excellent. I am glad that they made amazing hubcaps for that model, way better that what Jo-Han's made for its 1961 Fleetwood. Enjoy !

IM8A4641.JPG

IM8A4651.JPG

IM8A4642.JPG

IM8A4654.JPG

IM8A4663.JPG

IM8A4633.JPG

• Like 1

One of my favorite Cadillac body styles. You did a fantastic job on it! When I was 16 my uncle had a 1:1of this in white. He told me that he would sell it to me. My dad put the squash on my dreams....also on the 68 GTO I wanted to buy. Man, would I love to go back in time.

Later-  

IIRC, Don did some corrections to the lower body while doing the two door conversion. Seems as though the original Johan '61 Fleetwood was a bit short in the wheelbase, and Don corrected that by stretching the front end a bit. At least looking at the one I did and a Johan '61 I once had, it appears the resin is longer.

Yeah, if one of these ever turns up on the 'Bay, you better prime your wallet! You can betcha if it's an original Modelhaus resin and not a knockoff, it'll go for a crazy price!

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Very nice.

Up until just before Modelhaus closed shop, I couldn't afford one of thier full kits.

I was doing a bit better when they closed , I tried to score one of these '61s but I was too late.

AH, maybe someday I'll get lucky. :rolleyes:

I missed out by not getting their '60 Eldorado Brougham. :(

I had ordered the '76 Coupe DeVille and the thought struck me when they were getting rid of stock to try and snag that Eldo, but it was gone. So either I scratch up one, or end up paying a super high price on the 'Bay if/when one ever turns up.