Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eager Beaver detachable Gooseneck Lowboy

Having finished the lowboy shown elsewhere in "Under Glass", I had this one just sitting around waiting to be finished.......................so, here goes. I found this one on eBay several years ago, in semi finished condition. I dubbed around with it but seemed to focus on the other one instead. So this one is back underway. I have no idea who started this build, as it was for sale for a while online. I am now adding the operable pieces, such as the stinger, the hydraulics in the gooseneck and the trapdoor. This one will not be run from a wetline, but will have a self contained powerpack......(at THIS point, until I change my mind!). It has a very nice built in curvature to the deck. I added the twin cylinders in the neck tonite. Will keep photos coming!1547949606037-th.jpg1547949635250-th.jpg1547949661641-th.jpg1547949692435-th.jpg1547949719993-th.jpg1547949752567-th.jpg1547949802660-th.jpg1547949846464-th.jpg

Edited by redneckrigger

11 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

WOW!! is not sufficient for this build.  Your scratchbuilding abilities are off the chart.

I wish I could take all of the credit for this build. But, I found the started build on eBay years ago, and have no idea who started it. He or she did awesome work. I only hope to complete it with the same level of quality!