Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO International Paystar 5000

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, landman said:

OK, now I need your help. What is the name and the function of the three canisters circled in red so I can do research on where they hook up. Thank you very much.

Canisters0013.jpg

16 &18 are fuel filters, and 116 is the power steering reservoir ... if i'm wrong then somebody out here on the forum will correct me.

Edited by baloney
correction

On 2/17/2019 at 3:52 PM, baloney said:

16 &18 are fuel filters, and 116 is the ac dryer/evaporator. if i'm wrong then somedy out here on the forum will correct me.

I though these were the fuel filters. that is why I was asking.

662033914_IMG_8496-Copy.JPG.0d265d9328497aa8a5f947b3a8238c1e.JPG

Edited by landman

yes  part #18 or is the secondary the one mounted on the rad on right side . primary fuel filter is to catch all the debris/dirt from the fuel tank, secondary fuel filter is going to the fuel pump since fuel has been filtered twice before going into engine. usually fuel filters are mounted close together. i never saw  live this kind of mounting.. i could be wrong  as the one on the rad could  be primary and the one on engine would be secondary...

part #116or, that you circled is the power steering reservoir .the two tip that it has on the bottom is for   2 oil lines ,since it has 2 steering box.other lines goes at the power steering pump on engine.

Edited by baloney

1 hour ago, baloney said:

yes  part #18 or is the secondary the one mounted on the rad on right side . primary fuel filter is to catch all the debris/dirt from the fuel tank, secondary fuel filter is going to the fuel pump since fuel has been filtered twice before going into engine. usually fuel filters are mounted close together. i never saw  live this kind of mounting.. i could be wrong  as the one on the rad could  be primary and the one on engine would be secondary...

part #116or, that you circled is the power steering reservoir .the two tip that it has on the bottom is for   2 oil lines ,since it has 2 steering box.other lines goes at the power steering pump on engine.

In the article I used for the detailing, Ken Smith refers to the one on the engine as the "final" fuel filter. Would that make it secondary? And what about the one on the firewall?

34 minutes ago, landman said:

In the article I used for the detailing, Ken Smith refers to the one on the engine as the "final" fuel filter. Would that make it secondary? And what about the one on the firewall?

yes i guess so.  on the engine;  secondary and the primary is the one mounted on the firewall. 

fuel coming from the tanks goes at the primary,then secondary or" final", then to the fuel pump on engine,then to the injection pump.

20 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great Pat! I'm assuming that those front wheels came from Dave at A.I.T.M.. Do you know if they are still available? They are not on the new site and they were showing not available on the old site up until the switch over.

I'm pretty sure they are from AITM. Otherwise they are from Plaskit. I couldn't tell you if they are still available without looking at their site. I've had them for quite some time.

On 2/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, landman said:

The clear stuff is Cousin D.I.Y. .5 mm clear stretch cord. The gold stuff is 24 GA Cousin beading wire. The copper stuff is 30 GA Artistic Wire. The larger silver stuff is 22 GA bare wire. Most are from Michaels and /or Dollar stores. The hex fittings are No.11 Fusion beads, https://www.fusionbeads.com/Size-11-Metallic-Dark-Bronze-Hex-Japanese-Seed-Beads-by-Toho-222

Just got back from Michaels and found almost everything you listed there. Just need to order the Hex beads online. 

Thanks again! 

38 minutes ago, landman said:

I'm pretty sure they are from AITM. Otherwise they are from Plaskit. I couldn't tell you if they are still available without looking at their site. I've had them for quite some time.

Thanks Pat. Those exact wheels haven't been shown for some time, although they are pictured as the icon for the wheels and tires section. The ones now listed have slightly different holes in them.  I'll call Dave one day and ask.

Thanks again, your build looks great!!