Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
landman

BRBO International Paystar 5000

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tbill said:

It is amazing how much detail we put into certain builds for it only to be seen in photos, cause once it’s in the display case , we hardly look at the details. We are a crazy bunch, aren’t we? Haha....

Yup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martin9428 said:

And even IF someone looks at it, they have no idea what went into the build

Mostly agree, but it also depends on who’s looking....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, landman said:

OK, now I need your help. What is the name and the function of the three canisters circled in red so I can do research on where they hook up. Thank you very much.

Canisters0013.jpg

 16 &18 are fuel filters, and 116 is the power steering reservoir ... if i'm wrong then somebody out here on the forum will correct me.

Edited by baloney
correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, baloney said:

 16 &18 are fuel filters, and 116 is the ac dryer/evaporator. if i'm wrong then somedy out here on the forum will correct me.

I though these were the fuel filters. that is why I was asking.

IMG_8496%20-%20Copy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes they are the short one is the fuel water separator and the other one is a primary fuel filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, martin9428 said:

Of course. I was mostly speaking of non=model builders

Agreed:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baloney said:

yes they are the short one is the fuel water separator and the other one is a primary fuel filter.

So the one by the rad would be s secondary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes  part #18 or is the secondary the one mounted on the rad on right side . primary fuel filter is to catch all the debris/dirt from the fuel tank, secondary fuel filter is going to the fuel pump since fuel has been filtered twice before going into engine. usually fuel filters are mounted close together. i never saw  live this kind of mounting.. i could be wrong  as the one on the rad could  be primary and the one on engine would be secondary...

 part #116or, that you circled is the power steering reservoir .the two tip that it has on the bottom is for   2 oil lines ,since it has 2 steering box.other lines goes at the power steering pump on engine.

Edited by baloney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baloney said:

yes  part #18 or is the secondary the one mounted on the rad on right side . primary fuel filter is to catch all the debris/dirt from the fuel tank, secondary fuel filter is going to the fuel pump since fuel has been filtered twice before going into engine. usually fuel filters are mounted close together. i never saw  live this kind of mounting.. i could be wrong  as the one on the rad could  be primary and the one on engine would be secondary...

 part #116or, that you circled is the power steering reservoir .the two tip that it has on the bottom is for   2 oil lines ,since it has 2 steering box.other lines goes at the power steering pump on engine.

In the article I used for the detailing, Ken Smith refers to the one on the engine as the "final" fuel filter. Would that make it secondary? And what about the one on the firewall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, landman said:

In the article I used for the detailing, Ken Smith refers to the one on the engine as the "final" fuel filter. Would that make it secondary? And what about the one on the firewall?

yes i guess so.  on the engine;  secondary and the primary is the one mounted on the firewall. 

fuel coming from the tanks goes at the primary,then secondary or" final", then to the fuel pump on engine,then to the injection pump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great Pat! I'm assuming that those front wheels came from Dave at A.I.T.M.. Do you know if they are still available? They are not on the new site and they were showing not available on the old site up until the switch over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks great Pat! I'm assuming that those front wheels came from Dave at A.I.T.M.. Do you know if they are still available? They are not on the new site and they were showing not available on the old site up until the switch over.

I'm pretty sure they are from AITM. Otherwise they are from Plaskit. I couldn't tell you if they are still available without looking at their site. I've had them for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, landman said:

The clear stuff is Cousin D.I.Y. .5 mm clear stretch cord. The gold stuff is 24 GA Cousin beading wire. The copper stuff is 30 GA Artistic Wire. The larger silver stuff is 22 GA bare wire. Most are from Michaels and /or Dollar stores. The hex fittings are No.11 Fusion beads, https://www.fusionbeads.com/Size-11-Metallic-Dark-Bronze-Hex-Japanese-Seed-Beads-by-Toho-222

Just got back from Michaels and found almost everything you listed there. Just need to order the Hex beads online. 

Thanks again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, landman said:

I'm pretty sure they are from AITM. Otherwise they are from Plaskit. I couldn't tell you if they are still available without looking at their site. I've had them for quite some time.

Thanks Pat. Those exact wheels haven't been shown for some time, although they are pictured as the icon for the wheels and tires section. The ones now listed have slightly different holes in them.  I'll call Dave one day and ask.

Thanks again, your build looks great!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added the bling to the cab and sleeper. they are just sitting there for the time being. Hopefully they'll line up better on the final assembly.

IMG_8572.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

Beautiful!  Love that color !

Thanks Sam.If you go to the first photo, you’ll see that it is  “almost” plagiarism.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll agree on the truck color. Makes that Flathead block look naked though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Flat32 said:

Yeah, I'll agree on the truck color. Makes that Flathead block look naked though.

Won't be naked long, I am placing an order for the correct greens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...