Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm working on some more 3D printed detail parts.     What Size (length) Hood latches are most common?    I have the Short one (about  2.5" long) about finished, but figured it's not gonna work on Hoods....

It looks like the smallest scale that will be readily printable will be 1/35.      I know other styles are used too...   if you can find a Sierra Pacific P/N  it'd make things happen quicker as I can find models to start with of most of their stuff.

Matt

220-100SS (2).jpg

220-100SS.jpg

I'm a little confused (easily done), are you talking about the latch for modern trucks or for the older butterfly hoods? I'm asking because I haven't seen them that small on today's trucks hoods more on battery boxes and such. The latch on mine is more like 6-8" I can try and post a picture when I get back home if it will help.

I just got a set of the CTM rubber hood latches and they are really very nice, but they do seem small for the hood ones I’ve seen. Maybe they are more of a European design? I think they’d work well for battery boxes. I’d be interested in larger ones, as Cowboy Rich stated above, maybe in the 6”-8” range. Not sure of the actual prototypical dimensions, but I think they would need to be longer for hoods. Thanks for all of the cool stuff you make. 

Edited by vincen47