Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Testarossa Renovation & Completion

Twokidsnosleep

Got the interior tub out from the body with minimal damage. Had to cut the pins on the centre console as they been glued

IMG_1452.thumb.JPG.aeefc1d701080a16b50098b149a14a99.JPG

IMG_1439.thumb.JPG.2dc62ff9c9e13ca404c0aa8e3a2e4f19.JPG

I painted areas black that needed it and the rest gets the leather treatment. All the console  buttons and such will get re-made and I changed the shifter into an nice polished aluminium.

IMG_1461.thumb.JPG.3ac575dedfbf2a6de91497ba61226742.JPG

IMG_1463.thumb.JPG.966a8fc81f9b598436fa3821932a6025.JPG

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

7 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Got the interior tub out from the body with minimal damage. Had to cut the pins on the centre console as they been glued

IMG_1452.thumb.JPG.aeefc1d701080a16b50098b149a14a99.JPG

IMG_1439.thumb.JPG.2dc62ff9c9e13ca404c0aa8e3a2e4f19.JPG

I painted areas black that needed it and the rest gets the leather treatment. All the console  buttons and such will get re-made and I changed the shifter into an nice polished aluminium.

IMG_1461.thumb.JPG.3ac575dedfbf2a6de91497ba61226742.JPG

IMG_1463.thumb.JPG.966a8fc81f9b598436fa3821932a6025.JPG

EXTREMELY nice transformation, bud!!!!!

2 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Black paint footwells and black leather visible corners with silver speaker covers

I am waffling between red carpet and a boring tan one....probably go red

Dash will get black spray paint as well

Sounds GREAT!!!!, i'd go with a red carpet as well....perfect for that time!!

On February 17, 2019 at 11:31 AM, Belugawrx said:

Interior is coming along nicely Scott.

Still don't like those Little Tyke floor mats... :unsure:

I'm sure you'll figure something out ... Happy Family day tomorrow..! More bench time !!

Hi Bruce thanks for looking and commenting

Ya the floor mats might have to go..that is two votes against and one on the fence

I did take some photos without them so I wouldn't  have a full revolt!

• 3 weeks later...

there was a time when not much got by me ... but I can’t quite remember when that was ...

I wanted to be there when you started your move to the Pochers but i just found this Scott ... tough gettin’ old I guess 

I don’t know why the mats don’t go ... maybe because you did such a nice and neat job on those seats! Great job ...

Ok I will submit to nixing the floor mats...rough crowd:lol:

My workspace got a good cleaning and I am itching to get back to this...but I just 2K cleared something so I have to wait for full dry so I don’t make more dust form leather shavings

soon, very soon

thanks for lookin’B)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-15 at 6:38 PM, LaughingIndian said:

I agree with Dan ... maybe cord of some kind ...

that braid looks like the gold chain the guy likely to drive that thing would wear around his neck ...

I am sending that to you after it comes off, I expect to see it hanging around your manly chest hairs

• 10 months later...

Scott....I built the Testarossa (mine is a spyder) and the F-40 many years ago. If I remember correctly the fit on the front cover was way off and I had to grind down the attachment points quite a bit. Mine are displayed with pieces of styrofoam under the car. It is just the right height so the wheels and tires sit flat but don't support any of the weight. You have  to look hard to spot the styrofoam and I have had no suspension failure.  Your interior leather work is spot on by the way. Wish I had done this to mine but they were built over 15yrs ago. Where did you find the leather. I can still take it apart and do it. Eventually both these cars will come out of my Ferrari case (they take up an enormous amount of room) and have their own separate display cases. 

3 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Scott....I built the Testarossa (mine is a spyder) and the F-40 many years ago. If I remember correctly the fit on the front cover was way off and I had to grind down the attachment points quite a bit. Mine are displayed with pieces of styrofoam under the car. It is just the right height so the wheels and tires sit flat but don't support any of the weight. You have  to look hard to spot the styrofoam and I have had no suspension failure.  Your interior leather work is spot on by the way. Wish I had done this to mine but they were built over 15yrs ago. Where did you find the leather. I can still take it apart and do it. Eventually both these cars will come out of my Ferrari case (they take up an enormous amount of room) and have their own separate display cases. 

Hi Rich

Yes I am planning on supporting the car's under the body too...something solid and black to hide under there.

The leather is from a local store, as light weight (thickness) as I could get. It is lambskin I believe. A chrome tanned lamb leather hide works well. Springfield leather is a good source in the States.

I am using the internal/ suede side as the outer grain side was shiny and looked out of scale. The suede side is a better colour match too.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Twokidsnosleep