Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 412P

Gramps46

The model and photos shot on film are from Scott Kercher.  Scott has a well-deserved reputation for accuracy and realism.

The Ferrari factory in 1967 introduced for endurance racing the 412P for their racing customers like NART, the North American Racing Team.  This Fujimi P4 kit was converted to a customer 412P for the Le Mans 24 Hour race.

Ferrari_412P_Dg.jpeg.thumb.jpg.bf7f87e5a8fdb95033ce653aa90793e5.jpg

The biggest difference is the factory cars were fuel injected and the customer cars had carbs. The deck under the rear glass is just flat sheet with a large bump to clear the carbs. Lots of changes to the lumps and bumps and scoops.

Ferrari_412P_Hg.jpeg.thumb.jpg.702109a350bc8102f40c27d7e376a6fa.jpg

The rear glass is also different on the cars and the 412P also sports a large pedal box in the scoop on the front.

Ferrari_412P-.jpeg.thumb.jpg.cd289e0ebbc72968d86a610ef38071f6.jpg

Paint is Tamiya Racing White with Tamiya Royal Blue stripe. Decals are from UMI and the NART on the driver’s door are vinyl press-on stickers!  Sorry no engine pictures.

Gary....thanks for posting Scott's exquisite recreation of the real car.  I love to see this level of detail and documentation built into a model project.

I also agree with the comments on the background used in the photo.   I have long been a proponent of using "scale" backgrounds in the photography of finished model car projects.  It lends an air of realism that is only further enhanced when framed around a model project such as Scott's shown here.  

TIM

• 2 weeks later...