[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonhawk1066

Car Craft Project Heavy Metal 65 Impala Pics??

If anyone in here has any pics of this car, I would greatly appreciate seeing them. There were a number of articles from this magazine from 1992 that could possibly contain some pics. Thanks to anyone able to post any.

I'm surprised there aren't more images available online, but maybe on CC's facebook page.

ccrp-1003-01-o-camouflage-paint-job-1965

Here's some of the parts recovered back in '03 after the car was stolen...

Image result for Car Craft Project Heavy Metal 65 Impala

The Sept. '92 CC has one article on the thing, and other back issues can be had if you really want pix.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Craft-Sept-1992-2082/361877026985?hash=item54418d38a9:g:C~YAAOSw5cNYdm7b:rk:1:pf:0

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I didn't know this car was stolen

I remember that the magazine had extensive coverage of their work on this car. Then it was stolen while on the show tour.  

I remember the story and CC even reported the car stolen in 94 as one of other cars taken from their storage warehouse. a 92 Buick Century kinda rings a bell. Anyway the Impala was a tribute for the Desert Storm troops if I remember correctly... I think I have some old issues of CC somewhere...