Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg 2019

Junkman

Right. The countdown for the Nuremberg toy fair has begun. It's 70 years old this year, exactly like Porsche.
As a first teaser, have Solido's 2019 catalog, just published: http://www.solido.co...s/catalogue.pdf
Here is the list of exhibitors: https://www.spielwar...php?id=7916&L=1
As always my agents will be on site and I'll avail you all the info they report back to me.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:09 PM, Junkman said:

Right. The countdown for the Nuremberg toy fair has begun. It's 70 years old this year, exactly like Porsche.
As a first teaser, have Solido's 2019 catalog, just published: http://www.solido.co...s/catalogue.pdf
Here is the list of exhibitors: https://www.spielwar...php?id=7916&L=1
As always my agents will be on site and I'll avail you all the info they report back to me.

Thanks!

That 1/24 scale Land Rover Series III looks like a completely brand-new kit.  (I'm always skeptical when a model company says "New.")  It's not a re-pop of the old ESCI kit, still being re-issued by Italeri.  The ESCI/Italeri kits are all 2-door long wheelbase versions.  That one is a 4-door LWB, with a hardtop and roof rack configuration I've never seen before.

I found it listed by Spotmodel, a European online model shop.  They say expected release date is October 2019.

10 hours ago, Mike999 said:

That 1/24 scale Land Rover Series III looks like a completely brand-new kit.  (I'm always skeptical when a model company says "New.")  It's not a re-pop of the old ESCI kit, still being re-issued by Italeri.  The ESCI/Italeri kits are all 2-door long wheelbase versions.  That one is a 4-door LWB, with a hardtop and roof rack configuration I've never seen before.

The one depicted in the catalogue is a 109" Safari, the roof rack would have been a dealer fit option, 

1972-Land-Rover-Series-III-109-Safari-1.jpg

For comparison, here's the original ESCI 109" 2-door "African Safari" Land Rover and its No-Licensing-Problem Italeri reissue from 2007.  The words "Land Rover" don't appear anywhere on the box of the reissue.  It's also missing the gorgeous original Cartograph "safari" decals, otherwise the kit is identical to the original. 

Italeri must have fixed the licensing issues.  This year they're also reissuing the Range Rover under its real name, and the Range Rover Police was reissued just a few months ago.

lr_esci.jpg

lr_esci2.jpg

Find it interesting that the AAR new-tool 'Cuda variant isn't listed in the Revell USA section, but whatevz.  VERY interested to see how that Land Rover susses out, getting after that range of 1/16 Porsches soon as they're available here.

It's actually the warbird offerings piqued my interest - a 1/24 stressed-skin Hellcat from Airfix?  1/24 Butcher Bird and razorback Mustang from Trumpeter?? whuuuuut...

39 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Find it interesting that the AAR new-tool 'Cuda variant isn't listed in the Revell USA section, but whatevz.  VERY interested to see how that Land Rover susses out, getting after that range of 1/16 Porsches soon as they're available here.

It's actually the warbird offerings piqued my interest - a 1/24 stressed-skin Hellcat from Airfix?  1/24 Butcher Bird and razorback Mustang from Trumpeter?? whuuuuut...

The warbird news has been exciting for me so far this year too. Eduard is supposed to be showing off their all-new 1/48th P51-D. Granted, we've seen a good number of nice Mustangs lately (Airfix's being the standout so far) but Eduard is easily my favorite kit manufacturer for airplanes so I'm pumped.

On 1/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, Luc Janssens said:

It looks like the Accurate Miniatures 'Vettes ended up with Academy...(photo courtesy of IPMS Germany)

51400241_2546592648703251_8432173635694755840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=2b1afd0f3995797a0f56d223e1db1bd8&oe=5CBC0F73

And McLaren too!!!!! Word was that after a blow up with McLaren cars inc molds were trashed........someone went dumpster dive! 

Good to see the Brat back.  Never appreciated it when it was available, and being a geezer, I remember when it sold for blow-out prices at toy stores and hobby shops.  I like its "rumble seat(s)." Also nice to see the Dodge pickup and mini-bike.

As a reminder, at kit swap meets and such, you may see the old Accurate Miniatures Corvette Gran Sport in a Revell box.  Revell never had the molds, they just cleared out a warehouse of bagged kits a few years ago and printed boxes for them. At the local hobby shops in Los Angeles, full retail price for those kits was $19.99, a great deal, and they sold out fast.  I think the original price in an A.M. box was around $35. 

5 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

As a reminder, at kit swap meets and such, you may see the old Accurate Miniatures Corvette Gran Sport in a Revell box.  Revell never had the molds, they just cleared out a warehouse of bagged kits a few years ago and printed boxes for them. At the local hobby shops in Los Angeles, full retail price for those kits was $19.99, a great deal, and they sold out fast.  I think the original price in an A.M. box was around $35. 

Yep...the Revell GS Vette was AM II kits that were in the Concord warehouse when they closed. I got 5 of the unboxed GS Vette kits as payment when I did some work. There was lots of other stuff in the warehouse including a ton of XS Tuning wheel/tire sets....wonder what happened to them??