Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Chevelle

Hard_2_Handle_454

Well, if you haven't noticed by my profile pic, I'm a Chevelle guy.  When I saw this kit coming out I knew I had to have it.  This is the Chevelle I always wanted.  I wanted to be the first to post, but because of work wasn't able to get the job done, so I got beat by a couple days.

46834795082_dd21684dd3_k.jpgSAM_0435 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

31945344997_e70ac878fe_k.jpgSAM_0436 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

39921882833_fc15c688fb_k.jpgSAM_0438 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

45972120725_79a1e74b99_k.jpgSAM_0440 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

31945320347_2073843cc3_k.jpgSAM_0442 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

You did it justice. Nice clean build.

I’m glad this kit came out also. I was constantly looking on eBay, trying to find one. The prices were pretty high, and that’s only IF you were lucky enough to find one. 

Still undecided on how to build mine.

Im looking forward to the new posts of the builds on this car, as people are starting to get them completed. 

13 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

I got mine from Mega Hobby.  It's A LOT cheaper.  Less than $30.  I think $25 range.  Might I suggest a Butternut Yellow with the black stripes for your build?

Very nice job on yours. I had a 1:1 butternut yellow one with the black stripes and a black vinal top which I repainted the same color as the box art minus the black stripes but keeping the black vinal top. I received two kits this past week and plan on building my before and after versions.