Model Cars Magazine Forum

Renwall 66 Jordan Playboy rebuild

pack rat

I picked this one up as a built-up a few years ago.  

In my opinion, none of the Renwall Revivals look as appealing as the box art illustration when built out of the box, and some are an acquired taste.  This one doesn't look too bad though.  I figured if I ditched the spindly-looking 1930's wheels and disguised the bland-looking front end with BMF and flat black paint it had possibilities.     

yz1.jpg

yz1b.JPG

yz1bb.JPG

yz1c.JPG

yz2.JPG

yz2b.JPG

yz3.JPG

yz4.JPG

yz6.JPG

You did a fine job on this. Looks great! I like it.

It does look kinda Eldo/Riviera-ish. The car seems to have a lot of styling going on.

I hope there are seat belts in the rear passenger area. Slamming on the brakes looks like it could really hurt , or decapitate.

Looks great! As others have already said, it fits right into the late '60s-early '70s Riviera/Eldorado/Toronado vibe. Also has Cordoba and Monte Carlo elements, too. The design was definitely ahead of its 1966 time. You did a nice job with it. Well done and model on! 

I so admire this one . The '67 Releases of the series I am missing . The Jordon is one . As I read the reviews , I am amazed the comments about how Eldorado and Tornado this looks . May I remind you Exner designed these with his son . It was during his tenure at Mother MoPar . Who inspired who I ask ? Perfect , alas lacking one small detail . The Heapy Cheapy Blackwalls make my eyes bleed .  Kudos and I admire it . Thanx .. 

1 hour ago, dimaxion said:

The Heapy Cheapy Blackwalls make my eyes bleed .   

I hear you re the blackwalls. 

The only way to lower this thing is without re-engineering the interior and chassis is swapping the wheels, and I had to grind away some of the wheel-opening plastic to fit the small tires I used.   I wanted to avoid the lowrider look by using whitewalls (or applying them to these tires)    ......I don't think Virgil Exner Sr or Jr envisioned it in that form. 

Edited by pack rat