Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '36 Ford louvered conversion package

I highly recommend this package. Fit and finish is the usual very high quality we expect from Drag City and the impact on the look of the car is obvious in the pictures Ed has posted. It's details like this that "make a model". Five years ago I built a model that eventually won the Randy Vandraiss Memorial award for traditional customs given by the staff at the NNL West in 2015. I'm convinced it was entirely because of the contribution this louvered set made to the styling of the car. As difficult as louvers are to do this is a perfect example of how valuable the work of gifted casters like Ed are to our work. Thanks Ed!

Louvers-2018-Summary-Web.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 2:13 PM, krassandbernie said:

P1180520vi-vi.jpg

003_zpsaqembc9a-vi.jpg

Looks like the hood side panels are too tall, raising the rear of the hood, causing a very visible mis-match where the hood meets the cowl panel, and at the horizontal bodyline.

Are these the parts which Roger Hayes mastered?

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Looks like the hood side panels are too tall, raising the rear of the hood, causing a very visible mis-match where the hood meets the cowl panel, and at the horizontal bodyline.

Are these the parts which Roger Hayes mastered?

Yes they are. I believe Ed made some corrections to the masters for this run but he can comment better than I can. IN my case it's long enough ago that I can't recall what I did to correct for it, or indeed even if I did...

Edit: I just checked my photos of the project and apparently I did correct for it at a later point...

Edited by Bernard Kron

• 2 weeks later...