Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gauging interest - 50 Years of Mach 1 CBP

Hotrod 97

10 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

I might have interest, depending on the time frame. I have a 1/12 Mach 1 that is waiting to be built!

I built that one a long time ago but it ended up breaking apart and it had a bad paint job so I bought another one for about $100 which of course is still in the box.  Painting something that large can be a challenge.  When I build it I might even consider taking it to an autobody shop.

IMG_3789.JPG

19 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I built that one a long time ago but it ended up breaking apart and it had a bad paint job so I bought another one for about $100 which of course is still in the box.  Painting something that large can be a challenge.  When I build it I might even consider taking it to an autobody shop.

Lucky to find one for only $100! I bought mine for closer to $250 I think (granted I bought a 1/12 Mercedes AMG SLC kit for only $75 when they have been going on ebay for between $2-300.) It will be interesting to paint but I'll be buying auto paint in a spray can to paint it.

11 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Would you allow a Phantom mach1 build, a "what if?" of sorts build?

Yep, sure would! I’d allow anything from restorations to OOB’s, factory stock to Phantoms - as long as it has a nod to the Mach 1, it’s allowed!

Edited by Hotrod 97

7 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Would you allow a Phantom mach1 build, a "what if?" of sorts build?

I think a few of these are Phantoms or at least highly modified.  While everyone thinks Eleanor was a Mach1, it wasn't.  It was a 71 or 72 sportsroof with a 73 front grille and bumper and the standard hood.  Even the Foose Mach1 may not have started as real one.

IMG_3794.PNG

IMG_3795.PNG

IMG_3796.PNG

IMG_3797.PNG

IMG_3798.PNG

IMG_3799.PNG

IMG_3800.PNG

IMG_3801.PNG

Kits to consider using:

MPC 69 Mach1

Revell 69 Mach1

Matchbox 1/43 69 Mach1

Revell 70 Mach1

Monogram 1/32 Mach1

Amt or MPC 71-73 Mach1

Lindberg Mustang (Maybe for a Foose version - it's a bad kit).

Otaki 71 Mach1

MPC Bounty Hunter or Revell Blue Max funny cars

AMT/MPC 74 Mach1

No kits available for the 03/04 Mach1 unless you count the Mach III

There are more but they are rare and/or expensive.

I will post some older builds and opened but unbuilt kits as we get closer to the start.

IMG_3805.JPG

Edited by vamach1

To the participants of this CBP, any ideas as to what you’re going to build? If you would like to keep it secret until the build starts, that is completely fine. If you have would like to build more than one vehicle, that also fine. This CBP is not limited to just one build.