Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Preview 2019( Cars)

martinfan5

23 hours ago, djflyer said:

Does anyone wnat to join a group prayer for a re-issue of the 275GTB and the SWB?

I've got both of those also, but it would be nice to somehow see them back on the hobby shelves. That 250 SWB is definitely tricky to get. Gotta be at the right place at the right time. Of course, that junky ESCI one is all over the place. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, djflyer said:

Fujimi did the F12 Berlinetta in 24th scale, which I believe is the most recent Ferrari kitted.

Tamiya LaFerrari and FXX-K came after the Fujimi F12.  But only Alpha Models is doing resin curbside of certain Ferrari models such as the 488 Spider, 458 Spider Speciale.  There are plans to do more, but they about $150 each.

57 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Tamiya LaFerrari and FXX-K came after the Fujimi F12.  But only Alpha Models is doing resin curbside of certain Ferrari models such as the 488 Spider, 458 Spider Speciale.  There are plans to do more, but they about $150 each.

I think the next Ferrari they are doing is a hardtop version of the Portofino.  I'd rather see the open version, and an FF/GTC4 Lusso, which I suggested to them.

3 hours ago, BVC500 said:

I think the next Ferrari they are doing is a hardtop version of the Portofino.  I'd rather see the open version, and an FF/GTC4 Lusso, which I suggested to them.

I think the Portofino is next as well, but he also has a 488 GTB coming soon.  I suggested the GTC4/Lusso and 812 Superfast to him. I also mentioned the F12 TdF, but he thought it was too late for that.

1 hour ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I think the Portofino is next as well, but he also has a 488 GTB coming soon.  I suggested the GTC4/Lusso and 812 Superfast to him. I also mentioned the F12 TdF, but he thought it was too late for that.

Doesn't make sense about the F12TdF, that's timeless like 599 GTO, and it took awhile for Revell to do theirs well after it debuted. I'll bet if they offered TdF it would outsell the 812.

4 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

Doesn't make sense about the F12TdF, that's timeless like 599 GTO, and it took awhile for Revell to do theirs well after it debuted. I'll bet if they offered TdF it would outsell the 812.

I agree.  The F12 TdF has more panache in my opinion.  

As regards Italeri, these in my stash would be great to see reissued

SAM_1848.JPG

SAM_1855.JPG

SAM_1856.JPG

SAM_1857.JPG

SAM_1858.JPG

SAM_1869.JPG

Last year, I decided they would never be released, so I got on an eBay kick and ended up with three of the Gelandewagens when I came across them at good prices, a rally and two stock ones. Now I want the Landie and the Range Rover to go with them. Also the Audi to replace the Tamiya one I lost a long time ago!

12 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I agree.  The F12 TdF has more panache in my opinion.  

As regards Italeri, these in my stash would be great to see reissued

SAM_1848.JPG

SAM_1855.JPG

SAM_1856.JPG

SAM_1857.JPG

SAM_1858.JPG

SAM_1869.JPG

I must be a Ferrari nut because I've got ALL of these, except the Daytona racer which I have the Fujimi Enthusiast Series street car. The California Spyder SWB I was fortunate to get Norm's V/12 engine kit and corrected interior set when he still made them. Besides that 250 GT SWB, that N.A.R.T Spyder is a REAL BEAR to get on eBay! I just happened to get on the 'Bay one day and it was one of the first I saw on the list. The fellow had a BIN for $50 I think with free shipping, but the windshield header had a split in it.

Got the kit and fixed the break.......now it patiently awaits for the time when I want to build it fully. ;)

40 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

I must be a Ferrari nut because I've got ALL of these, except the Daytona racer which I have the Fujimi Enthusiast Series street car. The California Spyder SWB I was fortunate to get Norm's V/12 engine kit and corrected interior set when he still made them. Besides that 250 GT SWB, that N.A.R.T Spyder is a REAL BEAR to get on eBay! I just happened to get on the 'Bay one day and it was one of the first I saw on the list. The fellow had a BIN for $50 I think with free shipping, but the windshield header had a split in it.

Got the kit and fixed the break.......now it patiently awaits for the time when I want to build it fully. ;)

I have the engine and interior as well.  As regards Fujimi Ferraris, I have all the Daytonas as well as others.  Now to get the new "shop" organized and get building again

33 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

I really want that 275 GTB - what model year does it represent?

I want to build it as the one that got smashed up in the TV movie Love Hate Love.

I don't know if I can get more specific than 66-68.  I'll look at the kit instructions tomorrow to see if there is any more differentiation.  But doubt it.

9 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

There's not really a point to reissuing the 250 GTO at this point is there? The Fujimi kit superseded it quite convincingly, and that kit is being reissued with it's P/E wire wheels again in March.

True.  I should have left that one out of the list.   I like the Fujimi kit the best, even over the MFH which I wound up selling because a club member really, really wanted it. These are the 250 GTO kits remaining in my stashSAM_1868.thumb.JPG.a848ce559527b1cf315c82275704a919.JPG

SAM_1867.JPG

SAM_1869.JPG

SAM_1870.JPG

SAM_1871.JPG

Edited by Exotics_Builder

On 1/30/2019 at 10:02 AM, BVC500 said:

IMHO, the Tamiya 300sl is the best 1/24 version.  The Italeri was the best version until Tamiya released their own, which is more accurate and detailed.

The AMT kit, though, has notably superior engine detail compared to the Tamiya.....(for instance, the fuel injection pump)...but of course it's 1/25th, not 1/24th.....

I never grabbed the Heller 300 SL kit so I will be grabbing this Italeri reissue when it comes along....

TIM

My Italeri 275 Roadster also has a broken windshield frame.....fortunately, doesn't look too difficult to repair  TB