[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Bullitt

3D printing

Gorgeous stuff Randy, we need to talk. Are you coming to DSC in April?

I own a Photon and a Mars after years of using shapeways an im glad i made the switch i fund my habit by making 3d printed bike parts and frames

53016324_809565052744044_3771666341761646592_n.jpg

Which of your two printers performs best for you?

On 3/6/2019 at 11:48 PM, Flat32 said:

Which of your two printers performs best for you?

Photon was consistent on the 3 tests i set for it, i returned the mars

Thank you.  I have a Photon that I haven't tried yet. The Mars looks like a clone from what I see in ads for it.  I'll be using ChiTuBox for slicing from the start, in a couple hours actually.

I want to compare it to the Solus DLP.

First Photon print looks good, no problem at 50 microns. Printed a 1:8 scale Flathead stock head with water jackets. Next I will try 25 microns (0.001") layer height. 

Yeah Pete, I go there.  It was one of your posts and that forum that led me to buy the Photon. Do you print???

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Flat32 said:

Yeah Pete, I go there.  It was one of your posts and that forum that led me to buy the Photon. Do you print???

Not yet - I need to first get better at 3D CAD. It takes time (and I have lots of already started non-CAD projects).  I hope to do that someday and to get my own machine, but for now I can ask my Railwire friends to print my designs (when those are ready).

And you're right - I do remember posting a link to that Photon thread elsewhere in the forum.

Edited by peteski