Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Mustang SS/L

MarkL

Always great to see Stock and Super Stock cars built in scale. For some reason these Mustangs are not very common starting points for S or SS cars in 1:1 scale so it's always good to see one. Yours turned out very nice. Great looking detailing in the engine bay and I think you captured the look of an NHRA Super Stocker perfectly.

Edited by W-409

16 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very, VERY sharp--you really captured the flavor of these things. Is it a model of a real car? Well done and model on! B)

Just one I had in my head. I did look at several pictures of 1:1 Super Stock Mustangs for details.

12 hours ago, W-409 said:

Always great to see Stock and Super Stock cars built in scale. For some reason these Mustangs are not very common starting points for S or SS cars in 1:1 scale so it's always good to see one. Yours turned out very nice. Great looking detailing in the engine bay and I think you captured the look of an NHRA Super Stocker perfectly.

Thanks, and you're right, not many early Mustangs in S or SS classes. Had to research the SS cars of Alex Denysenko's "MoneyMaker" and Bobby Fazio's '64 1/2 Mustang super stocker for ideas, details etc....