Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O Chevy Titan 90

4 hours ago, Jim B said:

Here is a copy from the original instructions showing the single exhaust:

P1030590-vi.jpg

When I built mine, I used dual exhausts.

02 Rear.JPG

Thanks Jim, that picture shows me where the air filter stack goes in relation to the top of the cab. There is no spot on the air filter assembly showing where part #7 should attach. 

This also shows me where the exhaust stack goes in relation to the air intake stack. Part #10 that goes from the crossover pipe to the stack is missing from my kit. So your pic shows me what my height should look like and once they are glued down I can bend my own #10

On 2/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, Sam I Am said:

Getting more fiddly bits sorted, painted, and attached.  

One question for those who have built this kit with the single exhaust. Can you please post a pic here of how the air intake/exhaust stacks mount up. The instructions are a little vague and I may even be missing a part...

20190212_164221.jpg

20190212_164210.jpg

The air cleaner is beautiful !!   What did you paint it with and the pipe connecting to it  ?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, baloney said:

ok ,i just went downstairs and snap some pics for you, as for your exhaust questions, that i hope will be a little help..

P1010048.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010052.JPG

P1010053.JPG

Greg, those are perfect. Now I know why my exhaust is not looking right. Both of your trucks have the crossover pipe on top...over the bell housing..... If you scroll up and look at the crossover pipe in the instructions you will see that it shows the crossover pipe going down under the frame and back up with the attachment point at the bottom corner of the pipe. The crossover pipe you have on your builds is not even shown or included in my reissue. Thank you for the pics ! I do have that piece of flex pipe that goes from the bottom of the stack to the top corner of the crossover like yours. I will add it and call it good. Thanks again !

Thanks i'm happy that i could help a little.  the exhaust pipe that i installed is some scrap plastic that i bent using a lighter.i know , it's not right in the real world but for me it was easier than fitting the exhaut pipe glued to the crossmember like they show in the instruction. i installed it once the exhaust was  all set and dry. once done you can test  fit the other to the one attached to the muffler. look at those pictures you'll see the pipe going under on both sides since it's a detroit engine as we have in our kits.also as you can see the mounting for the muffler is not the same. still the crossover pipe goes under..

F2114ZJ.jpg

F2114ZM.jpg

F2114ZU.jpg

I have had too much caffeine today or I am just getting old. Either way, my hand is not as steady as it once was. Not happy with how the dash turned out but am calling it good before I make it even worse. 

20190219_164458.jpg

20190219_164449.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am