Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jungle Jim

Badluck 13

For my past Birthday my wife got me the Auto World Route 66 slot car track just because the week before I was telling her when I was 10-14 I was into the AFX slots and had a ton-o-stuff that I ended up loosing all when we had a house fire and being the sweetheart that she is got me a started set all well knowing it would get me back into the hobby and since then I have picked up a few items here and there and this was the ultimate!!!,Auto World "Jungle Jim" set. Being a HUGE Jungle Jim Liberman fan from back in the day and have many Jungle items and even got to touch,Jungles car at the Garlits Museum which for me was a thrill and very emotional one at that as I miss Jungle dearly......

20190201_063834.jpg20190201_064059.jpg20190201_064207.jpg38600220_10212152845038285_2234960973494484992_o.jpg

Yes I have a picture of me touching Jungles car but don't want to incriminate myself ;)  ...and yes it looks like I got the HO slot car bug again .......

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Deuces said:

Very cool..... Next, you'll want to buy the drag strip set that comes with a digital Christmas tree and finish win/lose lights... Check out Auto World... On the net... ?

You'll see the track sets on eBay also....

Thanks for the tip,I have just done that ;)

16 hours ago, afx said:

Very cool set Mike.  As you can tell by my avatar I'm a slot car guy too.

Thanks!!! ......yeah I always liked your avatar,sure wish I still had all my stuff from the day,I had a friend who got me into in '73 when it was pretty popular still and I can remember my first AFX car,yellow n black '55 Chevy.We would go to the local hobby shops,we had 4 in the neighborhood in the day and one had a tracks,one for HO's and one for the 1/32,nothing like buying a new car and lettin' her rip right then and there.............fun times!!!

Cool Jungle Jim set !!

I still have all my H.O. stuff from the '70s. Lots of magna track, and g+, plus early Tyco. Some JL model motoring cars 'cause the bodies are cool. Large track sets in both AFX and Tyco. My interests have gone into more modern 1/32, so the H.O. stuff hasn't been touched in years.

• 2 weeks later...