Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Greg Myers

Ace-Garageguy, so long

Recommended Posts

Well I see someone finally pissed him off.

who's going to be next? 

There are many great builders on this board and many with a great working knowledge of the subject we model. I'm hard pressed to understand why so many don't look at  the advise and wisdom of those people and continually go after them in one way or another.

I for one will miss all that Ace-Garageguy, Bill Engwer had to offer.

Edited by Greg Myers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bill, even though I don't post a lot,I come here at least 1-2 times a day. I always enjoy your comments and opinions. You have a lot of good things to share and I for one am thankful you are here. did someone upset you? If so,they are not worth talking about. They  are 1 lug nut short of a set.

I have learned a lot from you !!

George Bluhm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill gone ? If true I will for one miss him. He had helped me many times as well as a great many other people. He had a lot to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll miss him... he certainly knows his stuff.  That said, he also liked flying close to the line, baiting the mods, whether he intended to or not, and had more than a few sense of humour failures. I guess someone will be along to tell us whether he finally went too far for the mods, or has taken his bat home because someone crossed HIS line... I’d buy him a beer, if ever we’re in the same neck of the woods.

best,

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was taken aback by his message as it was the first one I saw when I came on the board a couple hours ago.

I don't know what happened, but I'll miss his knowledge on car things and models. I've picked up some things from him over the time he was here.

Speaking of that, in the nearly 13 years I've been on this board (here almost since the very beginning) I've had to use the 'ignore' feature a couple times for certain ones. I don't suffer fools gladly, but I won't get into a skunk spraying match over what's supposed to be a hobby about plastic cars (or what have you).

Sorry this happened........hopefully he can patch things up (or whoever might have did him wrong can do the patching) and come back on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see where he's gone. Looks like someone removed a post or two of his from another thread, but that's all I can find. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found him to be a toxic individual and had blocked him long ago.  The board is better off without him.   Good riddance.

Edited by Rob Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to stop all of the speculation. It was not a disagreement with another member. Bill broke a forum rule and was given a warning point. He took exception to it, posted he was leaving and sent the mods some "feisty" messages.

I do not think he will be back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I for one will miss him being here, I know some people had issues with him but I did not, then again I tend to like blunt truthfulness from people who can back it up with proven facts. Hate to see him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cowboy rich said:

Well I for one will miss him being here, I know some people had issues with him but I did not, then again I tend to like blunt truthfulness from people who can back it up with proven facts. Hate to see him go.

Same here. Sad day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well there ya go.  Tread lightly, I have three "Warning points" and have been on secret double probation a few times.:wacko:

 

Edited by Greg Myers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wasn't afraid to call them as he saw them. I guess that's not P/C in today's "enlightened" environment......:rolleyes: . I'll miss him. I might not have agreed with everything he said, BUT I respected him for saying what he thought. For that, he has my respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to do with being PC.

He just wouldn't accept the fact he was a guest here and therefore subject to the rules....after all this site is about model cars and  not for toxic social commentary....

Edited by mike 51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mike 51 said:

Nothing to do with being PC.

He just wouldn't accept the fact he was a guest here and therefore subject to the rules....after all this site is about model cars and  not for toxic social commentary....

I have no reason to change my comment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm...does everyone really think he's gone? Lolz. We haven't banned him, nor have we deleted any of his posts. Nor are we planning to. 

 

So like the last time he was warned for crossing the line, he'll go away for a bit, and then he'll be back. Probably. 

He has a lot of knowledge to share, and it's great when he does. Because even though he can be a little blunt, and a little too direct for some, he knows what he's talking about.

But like everyone else, he needs to follow the rules. And just like everyone else, if he can't follow simple rules, then there are consequences. No one around here is above the rules.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

We haven't banned him...

That's good to know. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm guys,this is a model car building, and collecting website.Why any fighting?These are little plastic toys.That is all they are.And we all take enjoyment in building them the way we want.Otherwise you wouldn't be on this site...You might be on a cooking site:PEveryone,just Grow up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Umm...does everyone really think he's gone? Lolz. We haven't banned him, nor have we deleted any of his posts. Nor are we planning to. 

 

So like the last time he was warned for crossing the line, he'll go away for a bit, and then he'll be back. Probably. 

He has a lot of knowledge to share, and it's great when he does. Because even though he can be a little blunt, and a little too direct for some, he knows what he's talking about.

But like everyone else, he needs to follow the rules. And just like everyone else, if he can't follow simple rules, then there are consequences. No one around here is above the rules.

 

I do hope he comes back, thank you Dan for the info....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly did he do? So we don’t do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, landman said:

What exactly did he do? So we don’t do the same.

Be vewy vewy cafewl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, or you could end up on double secret probation :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...