Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 corvette nomad

streetmachine11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 6:02 PM, streetmachine11 said:

Superbird, 

That looks great! Its a favorite of mine also. What color are you planning?

Streetmachine 11, now we have a little problem here, we are seeing two different buildings: yours, based on a '56 Nomad, and Superbird McMonte's, witch I might say is based on the '55 Nomad... I too would like to build the four '54 Motorama Corvette "jewels" so, after some research I did buy a '55 Nomad kit, along with a '53 Corvette BUT, what I think would be great, it would be to get some blueprints of this particular Nomad, to get the correct wheelbase in order to see exactly where to make all the  "surgical" cuttings... You lengthened the '56 chassis how many mms? Is the '55 kit chassis the same size of the '56's? are they the same size in 1/1, or are they different?

And, of course, you will get a great model in the end!

On 1/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, chaves pah said:

Streetmachine 11, now we have a little problem here, we are seeing two different buildings: yours, based on a '56 Nomad, and Superbird McMonte's, witch I might say is based on the '55 Nomad... I too would like to build the four '54 Motorama Corvette "jewels" so, after some research I did buy a '55 Nomad kit, along with a '53 Corvette BUT, what I think would be great, it would be to get some blueprints of this particular Nomad, to get the correct wheelbase in order to see exactly where to make all the  "surgical" cuttings... You lengthened the '56 chassis how many mms? Is the '55 kit chassis the same size of the '56's? are they the same size in 1/1, or are they different?

the concept car was built from the 55 nomad. the only reason I used a 56 was because I had it on hand. this was built for a 2 month build off. the 55, 56 and 57 are the same cars (I own a 57 bel-air 2d hard top). the way I built mine was cutting and building the body then I centered the wheels and extended the chassis to match. I couldent tell you how much that was. then used the stove bolt coupe engine since it was the correct engine for the concept car. hope this helps!

On 1/7/2020 at 4:38 AM, Mattilacken said:

Very beautifull build!

Love how you stretched and modifyed the boddy!

Great result!

thank you. 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:58 AM, Danno said:

Wow!

Way to go, Jason!  Hella good project.

thanks. this is more or less finished i would just like to make some side trim to finish it off

16 hours ago, damodelguy az said:

NICE JOB,  with using the 56. i started this subject build some 25 to 30 years ago. been out of the box a few times through the years for additional working at it. i used the amt 55 nomad. yours went real smooth. awesome the way yours came together. very clean

Resized_20200112_153637_266.jpeg

Resized_20200112_153718_360.jpeg

your doing yours the same way as far as body cuts. it's such a good looking car. I have plans to build another one and also the Corvette corvair concept. keep on that project looks like you've got a great start would love to see it finished 

On 1/6/2020 at 5:50 PM, chaves pah said:

In my case, I’m going for the “look” 

My 55 Nomad is 1/25 while the Corvette parts are Monogram 1/24

• 1 year later...