Model Cars Magazine Forum

FORD GT ( Tamiya ). 2/7/19

Gt fan

With my Audi drying,I decided to start this in the meantime. This great kit showed up yesterday. The body is made of a few parts. I’m trying to do the main body with as many panels before painting it. It’s about 8pcs to do the body. Don’t know on a color yet. Leaning in the blue direction or a retro paint sceam. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Gt fan
Tag change

Started the carbon decal work. The car comes with either a gloss or flat carbon. I haven’t decided yet on a finish. I used the Tamiya carbon extra fine weave. I like this stuff it has a good shine to it. Plus the weave is a little more modern than the Scale Motorsports stuff. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I started the carbon work on the rear diffuser. I one side all the way across and then the other side followed by the flats . This way I can cut the veins longer and hide the seams. Again I’m using Tamiya carbon. The tape is the template. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had some time to build the last two days . The carbon lower body panels have been put on . The rear diffuser is all carbon as is the nose. Still working on the interior. The color is NATO Black, the seats are semi gloss black. Body color and carbon will be used as well

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

13 minutes ago, da_ashman said:

Great work so far! That Tamiya CF looks really nice! whats it like to apply? I used some years ago from a special edition kit they did & it was horrible, brittle, fell apart & tore too easily

There new stuff is great. Hard to find sometimes. It has a very fine texture. Works great with their setting solution or micro sol. It has a more modern look and it drys with a nice sheen to it. 

Kids a sleep time to build . I was able to get some more of the carbon work done in the interior. I know it’s not the same as the carbon edition,but I thought it fit the car well. Seat inserts and dash accent are sprayed French Blue. The seat inserts were then hit with semi gloss to bring the shine down some.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg