Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reveal your user name origin

misterNNL

KWT is actually for QUIT... my online handle has always been kwtcherb...... (quite your b......) or the same without the vowels.

While I was a member of another forum, I was told after a long while it was not appreciated anymore, and that my name suggested I was a smartalec. It would be changed immediately or I would be banned... so I agreed to cooperate and changed it to KWT... he didn't appreciate that either, but said it would work. I've been using it ever since on all forums.

35 minutes ago, KWT said:

KWT is actually for QUIT... my online handle has always been kwtcherb...... (quite your b......) or the same without the vowels.

While I was a member of another forum, I was told after a long while it was not appreciated anymore, and that my name suggested I was a smartalec. It would be changed immediately or I would be banned... so I agreed to cooperate and changed it to KWT... he didn't appreciate that either, but said it would work. I've been using it ever since on all forums.

The person who told you that probably didn't realize that he (or she) was EXACTLY the kind of person who gave you the idea for the name in the first place. That kind never does, do they? :rolleyes:

"It's like RAY-EE-AIN, on your wedding day..." :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of a couple years ago when "they" tried to remove the word "bossy" from our vocabulary as being not politically correct for some reason. My standard response for that one was, "I can't think offhand of anything BOSSIER than trying to tell me what common words I can and can't use." I don't think the no-bossy movement lasted too long. Good. 

When I first got into slot car drag racing, I would email my new friend Tom Bagly, who owns Wheatfield Raceway, and would always sign off as Jeff "the Mongoose" Herrman, as I was a fan of the late Tom McEwen. Well, he jokingly shortened it to "Goose" and here I am today. I always figured I resemble a pudgy waterfowl more than a svelte weasel anyway, so I kept the nickname. I've used it in one form or another for most of my hot rod and internet life. I still think some people in the CPMCC club and slot car world only know me by my nickname and not my real name, so there it is, lol. As for the 1957 part, I own a real 57 Chevy and use it's pic for my avatar.

Good topic, always like to hear the backstory.

Jeff "Goose" Herrman

6 minutes ago, D. Battista said:

When I started online forums I used Old S'cool ... but many people used it in different variations so i just changed it to my name to save confusion....

BD127F92-63B8-442F-881A-8120BB2DF068.thumb.jpeg.12573482218ffbff13ea50d81e8bd14d.jpeg

and here’s Old S’cool!

i too use my real name. Those of us who have been around in the hobby a long time know a lot of people so we are amongst friends and have no need to mask our identities!

24 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Way back in 1969 I took a guy's time on our Listening Post (LP) in Vietnam

^^^^^^     I was 10yrs old during that conflict.....bad news on the television Every night!

I would like to humbly!  Thank!! each & everyone that served & sacrificed!!   You are ALL honored in my heart!!

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

and here’s Old S’cool!

i too use my real name. Those of us who have been around in the hobby a long time know a lot of people so we are amongst friends and have no need to mask our identities!

I like it....  Great job on that kit Tom ...I like the front end...!

Yes we are among friends here, and when i meet people at shows they recognize me by my name.  I like to see when people fill out thier location and real name under thier avatar  (most do)

SCRWDRVR of course is Screwdriver with no vowels but most people think it's for the tool or drink but both are wrong. A while back I was pretty active in a truck club and I own a 2005 F150 Supercrew that's lifted and other things. In the clubs they call the Supercrew a Screw for short so I'm a Screw driver.....

On 2/6/2019 at 11:50 AM, dimaxion said:

Dymaxions were one of the  spectacular Streamlined Cars  during the '30's .  A Ford V/8 Truck Chassis was rotated 180 degrees with the smooth wind cheating Shell built on . Ii was configured as FWD with Rear Steer . The Video Ad for the Car depicted a Dymaxion travelling a crowded City environment . The Story Line is the occupants were searching for a Parking Spot Curbside .  One Spot opens across the Street directly opposite the Dymaxion . A U - ey is flipped , The maneuverable Dymaxion not only slips through a tight turn to cross the Street . It had the wiggle to glide directly onto the Spot . A parallel Park maneuver at that . I admire the Buckminster Fuller Vision of the Future . He was a dreamer . My using this name is a tribute to his world he created .  Now you know he rest of the Story . Thanx 

Very cool story. I had wondered if that was the back story. Thanks for sharing.

I started playing Everquest in the previous millennium after many tears in DOS adventure games. All of a sudden I was asked for a User Name and was working on a project at the Foxhollow Resort and had been using Foxhollow for my online signature on all artwork.  That name was taken so I shortened it to Foxer and it has stuck.

image.png.79e59cb51c59273f94f1214432d8088a.png

Mine comes from several sources. I love the song Fadin renegade by Tommy Overstreet, the TV show Renegade, and lastly my hate of rules and my love of ignoring them or finding ways around them. My avatar is Buster Brown, a homeless dog we found outside a convenience store. We lost him about seven years ago and I still miss him.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, Rob Hall said:

Heh-heh..I don't think I've ever been in one of those stores, but I remember seeing one in Steubenville, Oh when I was a kid in the 70s.

I still get some people mentioning that chain when I meet them..

You Know , I am from Youngstown , Oh . . I sure remember them in our town also .. Thanx.. 

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Mine comes from several sources. I love the song Fadin renegade by Tommy Overstreet

Warren Zevon also did a nice song called Renegade: 

And here's a stunningly beautiful, live unplugged version of it with violin accompaniment. If this doesn't moisten your eyes just a little, you ain't hooked up right. B)

When I was in school one of my dreams was of making my own cars. I wanted to start producing cars but unlike so many other greats that have started making cars (Ford, Dodge, Austin and many more) I could not use my own lastname (Halsaunet) so I came up with the name Atmobil (I think I was maybe about 10 at the time) and that name has been with me ever since. I have used it on most boards and forums online and also in many other situations where I would need a username or nickname.

In the  '80s (when i was a man) I raced Karts in California and Utah under the team name Lizard Racing.  Even further back than that, I was a substitute teacher. I would report to the school office to pick up lesson plans and would ask to be pointed to the teachers' lounge; I would find the classroom later.  So I was a lounge lizard. So that's where the team name came from.