Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desert Scale Classic XV - April 13

gasser59

Get your builds all done and come join us. This year promises to be better than ever with the championship, swap meet, and camaraderie with fellow builders from across the country. And don't forget the Queso Good food truck who specialize in creating gourmet quesadillas & tacos.  You will not want to miss it!!

DSC15Flyer.jpg

Edited by gasser59

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this, Brad*.     Hey, everyone, be sure to check out our DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 15 website for up-to-date info as things change and evolve:    www.desertscaleclassic.com

(*I think I'm getting my computer issues sorted out, finally!)

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:09 AM, blunc said:

YAY, quit the job that kept me away from this last year!!!

Now I have a job that fits better ..., and, I get to go to DSC again.

Nothing ready to enter, but I can take photos again.

I look forward to seeing your photos. 

Just returned from the Ventura Hobbies model contest in Camarillo, CA and talked to my wife about this being the 15th DSC.  I haven't been in the four years since we moved to Oceano, CA from Kingman, AZ.  This has always been my favorite contest, even before it became the DSC and was at the Wigwam!  Looking forward to being there in April!!

8 hours ago, majel said:

Just returned from the Ventura Hobbies model contest in Camarillo, CA and talked to my wife about this being the 15th DSC.  I haven't been in the four years since we moved to Oceano, CA from Kingman, AZ.  This has always been my favorite contest, even before it became the DSC and was at the Wigwam!  Looking forward to being there in April!!

Ahhh, the good old days.... when the contest was called Copper State Model Car Contest, I remember the 1am master awards discussions.   :-)

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

The good old days, sadly we lost Jim Woods last year. 

This is the first I've heard this (another problem of working out of state for too long), Jim awarded me a BIS at a Motorama many years ago. I still have the model but it's mid restoration due to some panel work that was getting warpy.

Not long after that, Moonlight Models was formed.

49 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Rumor has it there is going to be magazine coverage this year from one of the other model magazines .

Perhaps MCM will cover it too, in issue #206, or 207, maybe 208. #206 should be out sometime between this Sept & next April. #207 sometime in 2021/2022, & #208? Likely the twelfth of Never......

I just spoke with the head DSC guy and he said there are a few tables available. Your best bet is to go to the website (desertscaleclassic.com) and get a table or two reserved that way. If that doesn't wok out for you, give Hal or Dan a call from their numbers listed on the above flyer.

Welcome to Arizona Bill. We're looking forward to meeting you so step up and introduce yourself while at the show.

Edited by gasser59